x

Ability to add options not showing for online item

I added a placeholder option to a couple of online items earlier today, enabled stock tracking and set the count to 0, and everything appeared to work correctly. Fast forward about 4 hours and now when editing the items, the options show as variations instead, with no section to edit options. The editor also wont let me delete the variations, saying I need at least 1 to continue selling online (even if I set the item to Unavailable). Its already been a constant fight with the state tracking and sync across square products to actually get my stock counts to show correctly, and now I cant even add the correct ones (worse, it seems to be changing what I've added). I'm rapidly loosing patience with this but would rather no pick up and leave just yet. Is there anything I can do to get the online system to start behaving or do I just need to delete the item and start over?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, you would need to create an Option Set, then you are able to edit options within that set.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6689-item-options

As for sync, there is a know sync issue with Square.  Best practice is to add items on your Online Dashboard, not the Square Dashboard.  The Online Dashboard adds items quicker to the store inventory.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 2