x
Beta Member

Add to cart button on PC issue

I'm experiencing an issue with the add to cart button that only seems to be on the desktop/PC version of my site. When adding to cart on that version the button does not turn green and say "added to cart" and it is causing people to add the same item 2-3 times and never check their cart. Seems silly, but I think this is costing me possible conversions. Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

On mobile the button does act normally and notify the user that the item has been successfully added.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi StilesSupplyCo,

I just tested your site on my laptop using Firefox - no issues - got green button, displayed message that item was added and cart show 1 - seems to work fine.

One interesting thing - I also tried Chrome on my laptop - did not get the green button however, did get message that item was added to the cart and cart showed 1 - other than not seeing the green color - seems to work fine.   Additionally, I tested with Edge - got the same results as I did with Chrome - added to cart message was clearly displayed and cart showed 1.

Note, everything worked fine on both my iPhone and iPad using Safari.  The button did flash green but, it was not as distinct as it was with Firefox but did get message that item was added to the cart and cart showed 1.

Perhaps some other Community Members will do some testing and follow-up.   Only thing I've noticed was the difference in browsers not turning the button green.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for checking that out! I should have mentioned I did try it on Edge on PC and found there to be the issue. I may have to go back to my analytics and see what people were using when they had the multiple "add to cart" conversions. 

There is a pop-up notification, like you mentioned, that shows the item in the cart. However, something seemed off when I started seeing multiple people add 2-3 luggage sets to their cart and never proceeding to the cart, which keyed me into the issue with the button. Hadn't even considered browsers being the issue.

Message 3 of 3