x

AfterPay is Enabled..doesn't show as option at checkout

AfterPay is enabled in my settings. It does not, however, show up as an option at checkout. I also use buttons a good bit and it doesn't show up when button is clicked for purchase either.

What am I missing in the steps to get it to show up?

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @1Web, thanks for reaching out. I do understand by looking through this thread you might feel discouraged, but please know our sellers are our number one priority and I want to find a solution for you.

Please make sure you have online enabled for Afterpay. You can check this through your Account & Settings > Business Information > Payment Methods> Afterpay > Click the three dots and enable online. I hope this helps, if not please let me know. 

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.55.03 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

HI, when you test the AfterPay, are the items under $50?  Using AfterPay is for $50 - $2,000.  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7696-accept-payments-with-afterpay-on-square-online-faq

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.55.47 AM.png

AfterPay displays underneath price as shown.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.58.06 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 27

I did the test for 50.00 and it didn't show up.

Message 3 of 27

i was approve and my after pay doesnt show up on check out ? 

Message 4 of 27

Hey @emiliasweets

Have you taken a look at your Payment Types Settings? Let us know if this option is still not showing up for you. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 27

Hi, 

I'm facing the same problem!

AfterPay displays underneath price on my web but did not show up in the payment section of the checkout page.

I can only see a credit card option.

Can someone help me to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 27

I was able to replicate this issue on your site @Melissa40192. I would suggest reaching out to our support team directly so they can look into your account to shine a light and address this error.

Please reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 27

Having the same issue. Everything shows enabled on my end as well. We sis a test run and it does not show up at checkout. Only credit card/gift card options 

Message 8 of 27
Beta Member

I am having exact same issue, were they able to fix it for you?

Message 9 of 27

Hey there @megs83

Our team should be able to fix this issue or escalate it to our Advance support team for them to identify what could be causing your qualifying sales not to have the Afterpay payment option. 

Let me know if you have other questions. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 10 of 27

This is my same issue too & its super irritating 

Message 11 of 27

Hi Afterpay isn’t showing as a payment option but says it’s available at checkout.

Message 12 of 27

I have Afterpay enabled and have been using it previously. Now all of the sudden it is no longer showing as a payment option at checkout. What is goin on with this smh

Message 13 of 27

I disabled Afterpay a few weeks ago, & now suddenly it was enabled again-without my permission. I have again disabled it. I DO NOT WANT TO OFFER AFTERPAY. 

Message 14 of 27

Thank you for your feedback, @BodyandSoul

Can you confirm your site URL so we can take a look into this? 

Message 15 of 27

Message 16 of 27

Thanks! I checked out your settings, but I do not see that Afterpay is enabled. Can you post a screenshot of what you see from your end? 

Message 17 of 27

It is currently disabled, however twice it has re-enabled without my knowledge. Only after a customer uses it I realize it is re-enabled & I have to go and disable again.

Message 18 of 27

Wow. I came in here seeking answers for Afterpay not being an available option on my invoices although it is enabled as an approved and available option, but I see now that so many people have the same issue and so many others who do not want it as an available option have available and neither group can seem to find a resolution. 

Not encouraging as a new Square user, considering I have been trying for over a month to find a resolution to the error on the final page to completing my business checking account setup; the debit card ordering page errors out and says, "Oops please try again later". I received the please send a screen shot, we are experiencing site issues, etc. and then replies ceased altogether. 

I am thinking there is a reason Stripe has such a monopoly. 

Message 19 of 27

Best Answer

Hey @1Web, thanks for reaching out. I do understand by looking through this thread you might feel discouraged, but please know our sellers are our number one priority and I want to find a solution for you.

Please make sure you have online enabled for Afterpay. You can check this through your Account & Settings > Business Information > Payment Methods> Afterpay > Click the three dots and enable online. I hope this helps, if not please let me know. 

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.55.03 PM.png

Message 20 of 27

I also have been experiencing the same issues with Afterpay NOT showing up in Checkout for both my Online & in-store Customers. Its Very Frustrating and after a Customer not being able to complete a $835 purchase today, I just got Fed up with Square & Afterpay.

Has Anyone discovered what the issue is?

Message 21 of 27