x

Square online - how to set a tax rate for food and tax rate for regular goods

Can anyone tell me how to get the website set up so I can charge one tax rate for food and another tax rate for non-food?

I have this set up on the POS app, but cannot figure out how to get it to work on the website.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @OnLineSeller.  Square Online gives you two sales tax options — order level (the default) and item level.  Go to Online -> Shared Settings -> Sales Taxes.  Item Level tax settings are the third section.  Toggle on the types of online orders that should use your item level taxes, which are the same as Point of Sale taxes.  You should be all set.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

I have this same problem. If I change to the item level will it just charge for taxes for my POS location or will it apply that to each city that orders within my state?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TMPKS, I want to take a deeper dive into this for you. Can you drop your website link and I can look into this? Are there some items I can test this with?  

Message 4 of 4