x

AfterPay is Enabled..doesn't show as option at checkout

AfterPay is enabled in my settings. It does not, however, show up as an option at checkout. I also use buttons a good bit and it doesn't show up when button is clicked for purchase either.

What am I missing in the steps to get it to show up?

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @1Web, thanks for reaching out. I do understand by looking through this thread you might feel discouraged, but please know our sellers are our number one priority and I want to find a solution for you.

Please make sure you have online enabled for Afterpay. You can check this through your Account & Settings > Business Information > Payment Methods> Afterpay > Click the three dots and enable online. I hope this helps, if not please let me know. 

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.55.03 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

I've been dealing with this issue since April 18 with NO resolve. All they keep saying is they're aware & engineers are working on it. I'm completely over it. There has only been one rep who actually cared to try to figure it out but i know she can only do so much. Good luck with your issue, i've given up on them.

Message 22 of 27

You were right, just wasted 35mins with a Support who asked for a screenshot of the error message…LOL 

I repeatedly expressed that its clearly a glitch in the App if so many are having the same problem. He then asks how long has it been connected 😳

I felt like I was chatting in a foreign language. Then he starts sending me screenshots showing that he sees it in the Checkout on his end when he goes through my site. Well I go to my site and show him that I DON’T see the option. So that means there STILL is a problem. 
So he says “that’s weird” and he’ll send an email to escalate the issue to the Advance Team. I’ll hear from someone Tomorrow.

Meanwhile, does anyone know another pos platform we can use thats working. I don’t want lose anymore money.

Message 23 of 27

I enabled AfterPay a month ago and just had a client this week who was approved through AfterPay but when i went to check out, the sale would not go through. I called customer service to Square and the guy said currently online is not all the way set up but can pay through the square reader...? Which did not make sense. If the AfterPay is not all the way set up online then why is it a option?? I have clients coming in saturday with alot in sales that want to use afterpay as a option to pay for my services but i can not get it to work what so ever. Has anyone on here successfully used afterpay with their square account? can someone point me in the right direction please. thanks!

Message 24 of 27

Looking into this for you Afterpay is fully integrated for both In-Person and Online payments on these platforms. If you were trying to complete a payment with Afterpay in a compatible application or service and it didn't work I suggest your customer contacts Afterpay for them to confirm the reason for the decline.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 27

Has anyone worked out how to fix the issue? I’ve just had a customer tell me that it’s not showing on my website. 

Message 26 of 27

Hey there @VBflowers I am sorry Afterpay is not showing up for your customer on your website. I would double-check the eligibility and make sure you meet those requirements. Also, make sure your payments are within an eligible purchase range. If you meet all the requirements and are still having issues you will need to contact Afterpay support. I hope this helps! If you need anything else let me know. 

Message 27 of 27