x

Adding Google Adwords Code to Weebly Site

I am sooooooo not tech savvy. So when it came time for me to copy and paste code from Google Adwords onto my Square site on Weebly, I got lost. I think I've now managed to paste the global tag code and event snippet code, but if anyone knows more about this, I would love to hear your thoughts/instructions.

My business, Squishy Face & Co., crafts homemade, healthy dog treats. It's just me, so no web master. I'm marketing through Adwords to see how it goes. I'm hoping I've done the code thingy right so I can track conversions. 

I have no idea what I'm saying.....LOL

Ron

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hey Ron, thanks for your post. I too am I one man show so I have to do it all. I "think" I may have done the ad-words thingy you're talking about, if I did it was a long time ago and if it's working, great for me, but I haven't been tracking this or getting any feedback from Google. Google advertising has been profoundly difficult, confusing, and an utter mess from my perspective. Not being tech savvy, I can add key words and kinda understand SEO, but the few times I've paid for Google advertising, my money was gone but I had no real sense of what kind of reach or response I received from that money. I've since discontinued paying for Google ads, but I do as much as I can understand with free listings and postings through Google.

I've had better results from paid Facebook boosted posts, although the last one I tried was less successful, perhaps because of the recent privacy setting changes that Apple initiated that affect how Facebook can track their users.

Have you tried Square Loyalty and Marketing? Sending out emails and messages through these programs has help keep my current customers coming back and has also encouraged them to help me grow my business through word of mouth. Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes and what is working for your business. Cheers!

Message 2 of 3

Hi Charlie - thanks so much for replying to my post. And thanks for the advice - I've found that social media and word of mouth has helped me the most so far (and partnering with dog rescues). 

Happy to know it isn't just me who finds Adwords confusing. In the week since I started it, I've only had 2 click thrus. That's a lot of time I've wasted! And their reporting is definitely not clear or helpful. Unless I'm doing something wrong - which is entirely possible - it seems it isn't going to work for me. 

Thanks again - good luck!

Ron

Message 3 of 3