x
Beta Member

Checkout Workflow - Prompt for add ons

Is there a way in a restaurant online workflow to "prompt" for things like sides and a drink?  Or is there a way to have those shown on the cart screen to easily add before checkout?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @CColotti.  So, currently the ability to “upsell” online does not exist.  However, this is a really good idea for something optional that could be added to our checkout flow.  I know that in my situation (an ice cream shop) it is not something I would use and so I wouldn’t enable it, but I can definitely see the advantage in some situations.  So, if you are so inclined and feel strongly about having online up-selling, go here and submit a feature request to the Online Team.  Be sure to state exactly how you think it should work, and why you feel it is a great feature the broader seller community and not just you.  If you do submit a request, post the URL to it here and I’ll look it over and probably give it my support/upvote/like.

For the short term, while this doesn’t exactly address what you want in the way of something the customer can’t possibly miss, you can edit your online store’s “Order Online” page.  Add a section, select “show more”  and add one or more of these sections to your page:

• Featured items
  • Featured categories
  • Featured menu items

You can configure these sections, including choosing items/categories to be included.  For now, that’s about as close as you can get without a checkout flow feature request.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @CColotti.  So, currently the ability to “upsell” online does not exist.  However, this is a really good idea for something optional that could be added to our checkout flow.  I know that in my situation (an ice cream shop) it is not something I would use and so I wouldn’t enable it, but I can definitely see the advantage in some situations.  So, if you are so inclined and feel strongly about having online up-selling, go here and submit a feature request to the Online Team.  Be sure to state exactly how you think it should work, and why you feel it is a great feature the broader seller community and not just you.  If you do submit a request, post the URL to it here and I’ll look it over and probably give it my support/upvote/like.

For the short term, while this doesn’t exactly address what you want in the way of something the customer can’t possibly miss, you can edit your online store’s “Order Online” page.  Add a section, select “show more”  and add one or more of these sections to your page:

• Featured items
  • Featured categories
  • Featured menu items

You can configure these sections, including choosing items/categories to be included.  For now, that’s about as close as you can get without a checkout flow feature request.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks I was surprised it's no there and I have everything on one simple page, was just thinking about the few times someone orders for online pickup and forgets to add the chips/drink at checkout as all :).  once you hit the checkout screen a couple key things would be nice to upsell last minute as you said in some use cases..  I will add a FR.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

looks like one already existed so I liked it and added my comments

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Checkout-Add-Ons/idc-p/674152#M3002

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Nice!  I’ll add mine as well!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 5