x

I deleted items from my store, but they’re still showing up for sale on my website.

The items section of the editor shows that they’ve been deleted, but when I load my website on any device the deleted items are still showing up in my shop. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hi @Dylanburnsthing.  First, I need to confirm what you mean by “The items section of the editor shows that they’ve been deleted.”  I have included two screen shots below.  One shows deleting ITEM PAGES, the other shows deleting items from the online item list.  Based upon your post, I’m guessing you deleted the ITEM PAGES, not the actual items.  In this use case, deleting item pages doesn’t do what you assumed it did.

In order to delete items from your catalog and your POS, you must go to Online -> Items -> Site Items.  You can either delete them one at a time, or select a group of them to delete in bulk.  After you have done this, you will permanently delete your items.

If you want to only remove them from your online store but keep them in your POS, you’d still go to Online -> Items -> Site Items.  Then you would select the items you want to remove from the store, click the Bulk edit button, select Update visibility, then choose either Hidden or Unavailable, depending on the result you want.

Let me know if you need anything else.

8EAA5142-5192-4CBB-B1ED-1B28168F7C18.jpeg

78E206B6-C54F-4C9C-80BD-5439FDC7BEAC.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7

Hi Chip,

So I have deleted the items from the Site Items tab previously, and they are no longer showing on that page, but are in the shop on my website. 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Ok.  I just wanted to be sure.  This sounds like an internal problem with your account, and therefore something you are going to need to get on the phone or in a chat with Customer Success.  You can contact them here.  Unfortunately it sounds like they will need to access your dashboard and look around in order to determine if this is a quick fix or if it needs to be escalated to the engineers.

Best of luck!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 7

I contacted for the same reason, they said that it would get resolved and it still unfortunately doesn't work! It is really frustrating not to get an answer. when you click on the deleted item you get the 404 error comes up. 

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue. The items are completely deleted but they are still showing on the website in an "Out Of Stock" Status. I'm also having issues with " Hidden" items still showing as well. I have been dealing with this for the past couple of months. I only recently reached out to support via email today. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Crystal
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I'm also getting the 404 error when I click on the deleted items as well.

Crystal
Message 7 of 7