x

Coupon codes plus a discount code

I'm currently running a discount code sale (% off) at checkout I'd like to also have a coupon code for free shipping/pickup to local friends but at checkout, there's no coupon code option just a gift card code option which I have never set up/activated or offer....is this fixable or not an option?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @C_Creations.  See screen shot below.  Are you saying that in the area circled in red in your store, it doesn’t say “add coupon or gift card?”  If so, then I’d recommend getting on the phone with support and having them investigate and/or open a trouble report.  There might be a problem in your account or store.

Good luck,

IMG_4946.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

The only thing available at checkout is a spot for a gift card. Any other time there is a coupon prompt. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @C_Creations, and welcome to the Seller Community 

At this time, Square Online cannot combine or stack discounts or coupons. This also applies to Automatic Discounts. 

This is considered a Feature Request, and we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so! 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@JJ_ It’s crazy that after a decade with Square, I’m still learning things. Ha.  I did not know that Square Online hid the coupon code option after a discount had been applied.  Actually, in my case (no shipping) that makes some sense.  But I can definitely see the need to at least giving some sellers the option.  Hopefully, @C_Creations or someone will submit that feature request.  Thanks for that information.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6

I followed the link JJ sent and submitted a request. I highly doubt it’ll make a difference but if it does it’ll be great. I now have to email/text everyone I sent the coupon code to and tell them it won’t work (that’s what I get for assuming) which sucks! 

Message 6 of 6