x

Customized Item Order in Square Online

One of my homemade items has a two-sided label that can be customized (text) by the buyer. How do I set that up in Square Online? I've experimented with Modifications but there's no place for the buyer to input the custom text they want (and I can't see that I can force them to do so during the checkout process), 

desk-mat-scsreenshot-options.jpg

Any ideas on how to make this possible? Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, yes, you can capture text.  

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to create.

Add Modifier, select Typing Text Into A Box, Text Box Label (name), be sure to change character limit, Make Required or not, Save

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.47.24 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24

Best Answer

HI, no, a text box does not have the ability to charge a fee.  You could create a Variations drop down and the text box separate.

Standard Label

Custom Front +$5.00

Custom Back +$5.00

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Beta Member

I eventually found it. Thanks for trying to help.

Message 22 of 24

Did you really find the text box modifier?? I've been searching for what feels like forever. I don't see that as an option. Can you help describe where you found this option?

All I'm looking for is to allow someone to enter a custom word/phrase that they'd want engraved when submitting an order. 

Grateful regardless!

Message 23 of 24

Just kidding - I finally found it! 

For anyone that's really curious, when you're modifying the items in your Square Item Library, don't even bother trying to edit modifiers there. 

Navigate to the actual item edit section from your Square Item Library. Then, scroll all the way down to the section that says Square Online Settings. 

From there, THEN you can manage modifiers and allow text boxes for options. 

My goodness... not user friendly at all!

Message 24 of 24