x

Descriptions Deleted from some items

I noticed that some of my items' descriptions were deleted from my online site. I tried doing the bulk edit and added/updated descriptions through the Excel worksheet and the import was successful. I see the new descriptions when I check through the Items dashboard but the website still has the old or blank description. I do have Item sync turned on

Is there a delay when uploading through the Items dashboard?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

There is an intermittent delay... you never know when it's going to happen and how long it will be. Sometimes it works instantly and sometimes it can be hours... there are multiple complaints and all I can say is call the 800# and file your issue because the more people that call, the more likely finding a solution will be prioritized.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there! 

@TinyC @DLRosenberg 

A sync delay of up to 24 hours is possible under some circumstances and is expected to happen occasionally. Ultimately, the system is intended to sync right away, but the volume of requests and other factors can affect it. 

You can contact our Support team if you are experiencing sync delays constantly or if they are longer than 24 hours. Our support team is ready to help file a ticket with our Engineering team. 

Reach out to them here.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6

Could it be that this delay is the reason some item descriptions were deleted?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@TinyC 

It depends! 

You mention you made the edits on an Excel worksheet then imported the edited version. 

If your Square Site is still not showing the updated descriptions, but your Square dashboard is, chances are they're still in the process of being synced. 

How long ago did you import the new descriptions?

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

Last night, so I suppose I may have to wait until tonight to see the changes

Message 6 of 6