x

Feature Request: Online Store Sort by Color & Size

My customers would love to be able to search our website based on color & size availability! 

While I do see you can add these as 'options' to products, it's not really functional for my retail site. If you search based on size, it doesn't take stock quantity into account. Which is really the purpose of filtering by size.

Adding colors also isn't really applicable for my purposes because 99% of my items are only available as one color option. It doesn't require a dropdown selection and would just add one extra unnecessary step towards the purchase funnel. 

Would love to see this feature implemented in more of a tags/categories sort of way that allows my customers an easier way to sort through our products! 

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Heya @compassrose01 and @suite1skincare!

We did recently just launch options for filtering items as of April 13th!

Here's an example here of what it looks like live:

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Beta Member

Hi - just a quick follow up on this feature. Is this being considered? It won't greatly enhance visitor's experience if the filter by size is made available (ie small, medium, large or XL). Thanks so much! 

Message 43 of 49

I was wondering where I can enable this feature on my website. I can not seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Edit: I see it when a category page only contains one options set. Can we have multiple option sets to filter by instead of just one for ex. in the shop all page?

Message 44 of 49

Welcome to the Community, @SpazzyMazzy

Yes, there is an option to add a "Shop All" page for your items. 

Check out this Support Article for the steps on getting it set up.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 45 of 49

Still waiting for this feature in regards to sorting availability that also takes into account the stock value. Because what customer wants filter options that will show them items that are out of stock & thus unavailable to them? Looks like many others are also interested in this feature, are there any plans to implement this feature?

Message 46 of 49

Hello we're new here me and my boyfriend owns a small business which we sell all natural products and jewelry. More products are coming soon but we'll love for you to check it out and let us know what you think and hey if you buy something we'll be to upmost grateful here's the site:

Home | Pineal Gland Therapy (square.site)

Message 47 of 49

I would also like to see this feature take into account stock availability. When my customers filter by size, it shows them items that have available stock in any size, not the size they filtered on. Does anyone have a work around they're using successfully?

Message 48 of 49

Hey there, @esmall

As of now, the sorting by color or size option isn't available even with a subscription. This would be a feature request. 

An alternate route would be for the customer to use the search magnifying glass and typing the size or color their looking for. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Message 49 of 49