x

Feature Request: Online Store Sort by Color & Size

My customers would love to be able to search our website based on color & size availability! 

While I do see you can add these as 'options' to products, it's not really functional for my retail site. If you search based on size, it doesn't take stock quantity into account. Which is really the purpose of filtering by size.

Adding colors also isn't really applicable for my purposes because 99% of my items are only available as one color option. It doesn't require a dropdown selection and would just add one extra unnecessary step towards the purchase funnel. 

Would love to see this feature implemented in more of a tags/categories sort of way that allows my customers an easier way to sort through our products! 

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Heya @compassrose01 and @suite1skincare!

We did recently just launch options for filtering items as of April 13th!

Here's an example here of what it looks like live:

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Best Answer

Heya @compassrose01 and @suite1skincare!

We did recently just launch options for filtering items as of April 13th!

Here's an example here of what it looks like live:

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ashley C
Message 22 of 49

Love the improved level of filtering, however my problem remains the same as described-- 

If you search based on size, it doesn't take stock quantity into account. Which is why customers filter by size, to see what's in stock in their size. 

Also, 99% of my items are only available as one color option and don't require a dropdown selection on the product page,  which adds one extra unnecessary step towards the purchase funnel. Which is currently the only way I'm seeing to add a color option so far.

Hopefully this will continue to be refined!

Message 23 of 49

Ahh got it that makes sense @compassrose01!

Thank you for bringing up those painpoints. I'll let the Online Store team know it needs refining for situations like this so I appreciate the detail!

Ashley C
Message 24 of 49

Thank you! 😃

Message 25 of 49

How do I enable this feature?

Message 26 of 49
Beta Member

Hello, 

I remember seeing this feature added several months ago, but I haven't been able to see it for months now and I'm not sure where to find this feature because I would like to utilize it on my website.

Thanks so much!

Message 27 of 49
Beta Member

So looking forward to seeing this feature as well!

Message 28 of 49
Beta Member

Being able to filter by category would greatly improve customer experience on my website as many of my categories overlap. This is the one thing that negatively impacts my store when competing with large online retailers. I would love to see this improvement made. Thanks! 

Message 29 of 49

How do you turn this search filter option on?  I don't have it.

Message 30 of 49

Hey @compassrose01

Thanks for your feedback. We don’t have an updates to provide regarding this feature request but will let you know when we hear more. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 31 of 49

How do you get access to these options? Sort and filter is only a turn on and off option for me and I can't adjust what options I have. 

Message 32 of 49

Hello, i don't see this option in my site. How do you add size and color to filter options? I can't find the customisation anywhere. Thanks

Message 33 of 49

Welcome to the Seller Community, @MontAdstock 👋

Can you post a link to your website so we can take a look? Thanks! 

Message 34 of 49

Hello @ashc, thanks for info that options for filtering items feature is now available on squareup.
But could you please tell us how we could also cretae our own custom options for filtering items (which displays on category page like yours)?

Message 35 of 49

Hi,

I have a range of color options on my items however, when i enable to sort and filter through the online editor, the color options do not apear. Is there a way to control what filters appear in this section?

TYIA for your help 

Message 36 of 49

Are we able to assign filtering that isn't an option? Such as the location of the manufacturer? I want to set that people can browse all categories and subcategories and filter items by (Made in : [Australia, China, USA]) etc. but the only way I can figure out to do that is by adding an option that shows up as a choice in the product. 

https://www.astrrx.com.au/product/EIB_3in_AIRDUCT_STD/2?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

Message 37 of 49

How do I get options like "Color" and "Size" to show up in the Sort & Filter screen?

For my products I use different titles for their size and color options, but I can't get the Sort & Filter to show anything but "Price Range", "How to get it", and "Item Options".

Message 38 of 49

Hey there @ButterDragon 

In order to get more Sort and Filter drop-downs or selections to appear you will need to add these as options within your Square Online Dashboard 

Once Options are created you will need to assign them to each applicable item.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 39 of 49

Is this an option only available with a subscription? I do not have an 'Options' link under Items in my Online menu.

Message 40 of 49

hi, i don't have filtering options for colour or size, but i do have filtering for those other options. i am based in australia.

Message 41 of 49
Beta Member

I love the concept for the new filtering options on the website, but is there any way to modify which filters are available or turn it on/off for different categories? For example, we sell merchandise and food via our online store. I like the idea of letting customers use the filtering for the merchandise (i.e size/color/etc) but it doesn't make sense for the food options because there are options included that aren't relevant for the food items we have available at the moment.

Message 42 of 49