x

Free Vs Professional Online/Store/Website

I had the FREE version of Square online until today. I decided to upgrade to the PROFESSIONAL version as a step to make my site better and move forward it with my business.

I've upgraded but I'm not seeing anything different. What exactly is different between the FREE and PROFESSIONAL version? When you use the site comparison tool is only compares the paid versions.

Thanks for your help,
Chelsee

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

HI, the Free Plan offers everything a Paid Plan offers.  Most everything starts with the Free Plan and you can use the Free Plan for as long as it works for you and your business.  Then there are upgrades within each Free Plan service such as Square for Retail, Retail POS, Team Management, Payroll, Appointments, etc.

Little more comparisons

https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/retail/pricing

You do need a Paid Plan to have a .com.  You can "point" the .com to the .square.site which would keep the plan free.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 13

What are the perks of having getting the upgrade "Professional" over keeping the Free version?

Message 3 of 13

HI, it depends on what your business is, Salon, Retail, Bakery, etc.  Add a .com.  You can use the Free Plan for as long as it works for you and your business.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 13

These answers are very generic and all the same, they really don't answer the questions.  I currently have the free plan and what I have notice is that when someone wants to purchase my product there is not shipping charges add. at the check out they do not have an option to chose how they want it shipped. I have a USPS flat rate charge set up but it dose not show up at check out. I have since unpunished my site because of this. and after looking into it more it looks like I have to up grade my plan from the free plan just to be able to charge shipping is this correct?

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller

This is incorrect, you can charge for shipping on the free plan, please try unpublishing and republishing the site, this should fix any issues! if not report back here and I'll raise the issue further. 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 13

HI, I have 3 stores all using the free plan and shipping does work.  It depends on how you want to setup your shipping. 

Do you wish to Upgrade to access the Real Time Rates?

Screenshot examples of Shipping under Destination Regions & Rates

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 11.16.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 11.18.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 11.21.57 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 7 of 13

I have a product that I sell, retail

Message 8 of 13

To clarify what product I am referring to, it's the Square Online plans.
https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/plans 

It mentions three things:
Publish A Custom Domain
No Square Branding/Ads
Free Custom Domain for one year

Is that the only difference between the Free & Professional? I'm trying to understand the value in purchasing it.

Message 9 of 13

HI, yes, I am aware of the plans.  The 3 things are

1.  do you want a .com or .square.site

2.  do you want the Square logo at the bottom of your website or not

3.  if you select a certain plan Square offers a domain with the plan

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 10 of 13

Hi, thank you for clarifying it's just the logo on our website. I upgraded because I thought it would remove mention of Square for contract emails as well. I have one additional question as I'm contemplating canceling the subscription, once it came to the customized domain option it was saying it's an additional $12, not sure if this is correct? I thought the customized domain was included in the $16 upgrade.

Message 11 of 13

HI, for the Free Plan you would have the .square.site domain name.  If you upgrade to a Paid Plan, then you have the option of adding a domain name.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 12 of 13

Yes. The domain name options that came up for me start at $10/year after already paying the $16.

Message 13 of 13