x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

AdamB_0-1637690730791.png

Hello again!

It’s time for the holiday 2021 edition of “Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store”!  🎁 🎁 🎁

Now is a really great time to make some changes in preparation for the holiday shopping season. Just like the other threads in this series, comment below with a link to your Square Online store. I’ll take a look and provide some tips and advice you can use to take your online store to the next level. 

This event will run until December 16th. 

Related:

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 353
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

12/13 Update: The response has been fantastic! Just so everyone is aware, if you haven't gotten a response yet - don't worry. We'll get to your site over the next couple of weeks. We'll also tag you when we reply, so you'll get an additional email saying one of us "mentioned" you.

352 REPLIES 352

I like your online menu. One thing I noticed is that when you click on the logo at the top, it does not redirect back to your main site (http://www.santamariabbqshack.com) It appears to be a misspelling of the comma within your link (http://www,santamariabbqshack.com) so you may want to fix that ASAP. 

PS: Can you please explain how you added the Userway widget to the website? 

Message 22 of 353

Hi. I appreciate you taking the time to check the site and I'm gonna take a look at that problem. The Userway was an option that was addressed on Weblium.com at a time when their ecommerce templates didn't suit me at the time.

Message 23 of 353
Beta Member

I fixed the link thank you.

added stars and we are adding more emoji now. 

as for the userway we did it as a header

Message 24 of 353
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @Archie1! I'm always down to look at more BBQ, especially when it's cooked over wood!

I would normally advise against the animated gif of fire as a background for a section, but I think you might be able to get away with it in this context. You might want to consider swapping what content you use with it for accessibility purposes, though, like just using large bold text with it or having it as an empty section with just the background.

Another thing you might want to consider changing are button colors. They're blue right now, but red or black would fit in better with your brand.

Adam
Message 25 of 353
Beta Member

Have a test drive of https://www.rainbowrestaurant.com/ Thanks!

Message 26 of 353
Admin

Hi, @Ninjarita! Thanks for sharing!

I really like the images of each food item - it's something I always look for when ordering food online. I also like the use of emoji to help convey facts about the dish in a super easy-to-digest way (pun intended). Maybe you could move the explanation section higher up so customers can see it before looking at dishes?

Overall, I think this looks really great! Do you use social media at all? It's okay if you don't, but if you do it would be good to include icons for that in your footer.

Adam
Message 27 of 353

I would appreciate any feedback. 

Www.dazedbat.com 

Message 28 of 353
Admin

Hello, @Dazedbat! Thank you for sharing your site. 😀

I'm glad to see an "about me" page - I think those can be really important on an online store selling works by an artist, regardless of medium.

A few things you could try adding:

1. You could make a landing page/home page where you feature a few different works, add some customer comments, etc. A homepage can help set the stage for the rest of the content in smaller, bite size amounts that are quick for visitors to digest.

2. I think your work would really shine using images edited in the Square Photo Studio app. It's free and will let you take professional quality images with the background removed automatically.

3. Since you're using Instagram, adding an Instagram section is a great way to tie it and your website together better.

Adam
Message 29 of 353

strudel-bakers.com

Message 30 of 353
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @athistle! It's awesome to see a business up north!

1. Are you using any social networks other than Instagram? Even if you aren't, you could turn on the option for them in your site footer. You could also add links to your full menu and gift card page there, since some people automatically scroll to the footer when they first arrive on a site.

2. Have you considered adding an "About Us" page? I imagine you get a lot of repeat customers, but it can help having that to  provide a human touch for new customers.

Adam
Message 31 of 353
Beta Member

Any advice would be helpful thank!

www.jypsysistersboutique.com

Message 32 of 353
Admin

Hi, @Jypsysisters! Thanks for sharing.

Super interesting to see a store with many different vendors! I like that you have a page talking about each one. A couple things you could try would be:

1. Your site logo links back to the homepage, so you probably don't need an additional link on your navigation linking there. With that removed, I think the rest of your links will fit without needing to use the "more" menu - this will provide better visibility to visitors for your FAQ and shop page.

2. The text you have at the top as a description is great. I'm wondering if it would pop a little more if it was in its own section and included some title text with it (perhaps "Find something special and unique" could be the title text).

Adam
Message 33 of 353
Beta Member

Message 34 of 353
Admin

Hi, @SugarDaddy! I love the cheekiness of the business name! A catchy and memorable name is super effective. Also, say ya to da UP, eh! It's nice to see a yooper business!

Anyway, onto your site!

1. Since you're using Instagram, you could add the Instagram section to your homepage for some dynamic content. 

2. The text message service you have on your "be in the know" page is pretty cool! It might be helpful to call that out somewhere on your homepage. You might try adding a banner so it's not too intrusive.

Adam
Message 35 of 353
Beta Member

Adam!  Thank you for the feedback, good advice!  You know of the UP!??!  I'm so impressed, are you in Michigan?

Message 36 of 353
Admin

I'm not, but I did live there for a few years!

Adam
Message 37 of 353
Beta Member

If this is still happening, I would love a review! https://thebeadedtabby.square.site

Message 38 of 353
Admin

It's still happening, @TheBeadedTabby! Thanks for sharing your site.

The first thing I think you might check out is something I've mentioned to a few other sellers on this thread: the Square Phot Studio app. It's new and will make it super easy for you to take photos of your work and remove the background. It looks like you've already got a bit of a setup you use for your products, so you'll get some really awesome results.

Similarly, I'd also recommend adding an Instagram section; it can encourage people to follow you there.

Adam
Message 39 of 353
Beta Member

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! 

Message 40 of 353
Beta Member

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback! I’ll check out the photo app! 

Message 41 of 353

Message 42 of 353