x
Admin

Get Expert Shipping Advice for Your Online Store 📦 👈

Hi everyone!

We’re back with the next installment in our “get expert advice” series. This time, we’re focusing specifically on shipping. 📦 📦 📦 

The holidays are right around the corner, and this is a great time to make sure you have your shipping rules, box sizes, and rates ready to go for all those holiday orders.

Not sure how to handle boxes when you have items of very different sizes? Unsure of how to set up rates to provide the best prices for yourself and customers? Our resident shipping expert @BernadetteA will be on hand to answer your questions between Today and Thursday, October 28th.

If you’d like advice on all things shipping with your online store, post your question below! 👇

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi @allwhowander 👋 Thanks for posting 😊

I do not believe it is possible to sync your special account rates mainly because our system does not recognize the option for adult signature required. I will need to double check on that for you, and will follow up with you once I hear back from the team.

Message 43 of 48
Beta Member

I am in same position as you @allwhowander - I have a brewery in PA looking to ship beer more effectively.  I am posting my question as a separate one so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle but tag me if you find a solution to your "adult signature" dilemma. 

Message 44 of 48
Beta Member

We used to be able to mark shipping orders as "In Progress" as we can with all other orders but it looks like that feature went away recently, now we can only mark an order as "shipped".

It makes it much harder to track orders now because we don't know if the order has been printed out and dealt with and it always shows up at the top like it just came in.

Is there a way to turn on that feature.

Message 45 of 48
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @Berolina 😊

Are you creating your labels from the Square dashboard, or the Square Online dashboard? Do you happen to have a couple order numbers from when you could and could not mark an order "in progress"?

Message 46 of 48
Beta Member

As a new feature to a beer club that we're offering to subscribed customers in your database, my request on shipping is about how can I turn on a feature or list of items that are available to a customer with a flat shipping rate with a password or better yet, when they log in with their matching credentials to the site which would match them to being a member of the subscription that they could place an order for beer to be shipped but guests to the site would not be able to?

Message 47 of 48
Beta Member

I ship shoes and clothing and my shipping options currently are standard which I charge $5 for a flat rate because I use USPS First class shipping. I find that people would rather free shipping but adding the shipping cost to the items to cover shipping they complain that the items are too expensive. I also used USPS Flat rate shipping but those shipping prices have increased and most time it would cost $13 to ship. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Message 48 of 48