x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192
Admin

Thanks for posting, @ObscenicAtelier. This is something that has been brought up by other sellers and definitely is something that I think we should add. Adding additional content to category pages seems like an obvious improvement to me - I'll bring that feedback to our product team.

As for your online store, I like the more minimalist approach - it really helps a visitor focus on the items themselves. Have you thought about adding more content to the footer? You could add a contact form, or just links to categories in your store.

Adam
Message 43 of 193

We'd love your feedback and suggestions, Adam. Always looking to improve our experience for our customers! Visit us, finnandbuffy.com.

Message 44 of 193
Admin

Really classy looking site, @finnandbuffy! Visually, I wouldn't change a thing; it all blends very well together and presents a strong brand and identity to customers. I'm assuming you're still getting set up as far as items themselves, right? For the items you have up there right now, the item photos are nice.

Do you do any kind of email marketing? You could add a signup form to the home page, or use a popup to collect email addresses to send out marketing campaigns.

Adam
Message 45 of 193
Beta Member

Check us out! @ 479wine.com

Message 46 of 193
Admin

Your site looks great, @479WINE!

It's cleanly laid out, I found it easy to find different items in each category, and you have clear product images. Interesting use of the image slide on the home page by adding "buttons" within the image itself. Nice workaround if someone wants a slider but also wants to get visitors to click through.

Adam
Message 47 of 193

Sure, I'd love some expert advice Adam!!  Since it's 100% done by me with no one else's input, that would be invaluable.  www.sensationalteas.com

Very cool!

Thanks,

Mary

Message 48 of 193
Admin

Thanks for your comment, @mary896! I see you've built your store using the Weebly drag-and-drop editor. 🙂 Some time in the next few months or so you'll likely see a link in your dashboard about merging your account with Square, which will let you build a store using Square Online. Just a heads up! 

Your teapots are really pretty! One thing I appreciate seeing from the perspective of a customer is the help menu item - having easy access to that material right away can lead to more informed buying. Have you considered adding a signup form to collect email addresses for email marketing?

Adam
Message 49 of 193

Hi AdamB,

Regarding merging my account with Square...does that mean I have to rebuild my whole website???  Because, from everything I've read online, it's a lot less intuitive and more difficult to use than Weebly's editor.  PLUS...I don't have time to rebuild my site yet again.  

Thank you AdamB.

~Mary

Message 50 of 193
Admin

Really fair question, @mary896. Because of the difference in website editors it can't rebuild everything, but it does do some of it for you. It also gives you access to all the images you already uploaded, so you don't need to re-upload everything again. I would check out the Weebly and Square FAQ for more information.

Adam
Message 51 of 193
Beta Member

Hi Adam,  love any feedback you can give me!  30AOliveOil.com

Message 52 of 193
Admin

I really like your logo, @MarkDCY!

Visually, I like your site and I don't think you need to change anything. One thing that might be cool to add is an "about us" page; they can often add a human touch to let customers connect with you as people. You could add some cool photos showing how you make some of your oils or other products.

Adam
Message 53 of 193

Canned Fresh:

cannedfreshbylois.com

Message 54 of 193
Admin

Hi, @CannedFresh! I haven't used the website builder you used for your website, but a few tips that I think would be helpful for your site:

1. You have a few different fonts going on (site navigation, site title, and then the fonts used in the images. I would consider using the same font for all three, and probably something like a sans-serif or serif font. Hand-written fonts do look good for certain uses, but for some elements like your navigation you usually want to stick with a serif or sans-serif.

2. I might space out some of the content you have in your header area. It's easier for customers to absorb information when they're exposed to less of it at a time as they scroll.

Adam
Message 55 of 193

I'd love to get some feedback on our square site:

westcoastpretzels.square.site

Message 56 of 193
Admin

Pretzels!! Sorry for yelling, I like pretzels, @Prtzelz . 😂

I like your product images, and I like the use of brown - it really helps make your ordering page more unique. I would consider making the font size of your header text just a little smaller so visitors don't need to scroll as far for the menu. Other than that, I think you're doing an awesome job!

Adam
Message 57 of 193

Sure!  Take a look if you have some extra time.  I'm always open to to suggestions and criticism.

www.berryperformancesales.com

Thanks,
Brenon Berry

Berry Performance Sales

Message 58 of 193
Admin

Hi, @BerryPerfSales!

Black can be challenging to use as the background of a website, but it looks good with your site. It works well with your branding. 

Overall your site looks great and I don't think you need to make any major changes. Organizing your main shop page by make/model is a nice touch, and makes it easier to funnel customers to what they are looking for.

I see you're linking to your instagram - you could consider displaying your instagram feed on your home page. It's an easy way to add some dynamic content and visual interest.

Adam
Message 59 of 193

Thank you, I appreciate it.  

I've thought about adding my Instagram feed but I don't really post on Instagram too often.  I use Facebook way more.  

I do have one question you may be able to answer.  I have an upgraded version of Square that costs around $25 a month.  That made me able to accept Paypal and have reviews on my products.  Is there a way I can manually add reviews from previous sales to my existing products?  I haven't been able to find a way to. 

Message 60 of 193
Admin

Ahh, that makes sense. You could look into embedding content from Facebook with the embed code section. Not quite the same, but it's one way to bring in a little content from social channels.

With item reviews, there isn't a way to manual add old reviews to products, unfortunately. Maybe you could use some of these elsewhere on your site as testimonials?

Adam
Message 61 of 193
Super Seller

Yes, please! 

https://www.keicollective.com/ 

We're always struggling with branding since we represent over 80 independent artists, who each have their own unique branding. Would love suggestions on how to streamline shopping and bring some cohesion to our site (I say some since we do love a bit of organized chaos since that's a reflection of our in person store! eclectic and colorful!) 

-Andrea 

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 62 of 193
Admin

Hi, @keicollective! It's interesting you're mentioning consistency, because one thing I really like about your site is how it juxtaposes a lot of color and activity. On the home page, there's a back and forth between sections with black backgrounds and those with color. I think this works well to keep the eye from being overwhelmed; it also trains your mind to expect one or the other, even if the actual content is different.

One thing you could add is a featured artists page, and every week or so focus on a select group of artists. It would give enough space to showcase each as individuals without it being too much at a time, and it also gives you dynamic content that changes regularly.

Adam
Message 63 of 193