x

Has anyone figured out POS notifications for Online Orders Tab? Not an IOS Notification?

Hi All, Before the new Rollout of Square for Restaurants on March 5, the online order tab would turn orange with a new order, after the new layout, the tab no longer turns orange. My employees are missing putting orders into progress because the only notification is from the actual ipad settings and it doesnt stay around long enough for them to see it each time. We are missing orders during busy service with limited employees. Has anyone figured out how to put back this vital notification?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

@PickupsPizza1, I'm sorry to hear trouble has brought you to the Community. I've gone ahead and escalated this to our Advanced Support team. They aren't available on the weekend, but once we have more insight, a Community Moderator will reply.

Message 2 of 4

It seems this might be in the next update, fingers crossed of restaurants to 6.40. They are not requiring people use the New POS until they get some of these items resolved. My work around was to revert back to the previous release via the release manager under account settings. The Orders tab still turns orange in the previous POS prior to the release on MArch 5,2024.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@PickupsPizza1, thank you for the update.

Yes, you can revert until the new redesign is implemented on version 6.40. When you mention that the notifications are only appearing in your iPad settings, could you provide a screenshot and/or offer more clarification? Are you indicating that there is no alert or badge indicating an order has come through?

I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Message 4 of 4