x
Beta Member

Help with events (tax issue + fulfillment issue)

Hello,

We are selling tickets to an in-person workshop, but are having two issues. We set the item up as an event (aka: the type is set to event).

1) It is asking customers for a shipping address and then within our orders dashboard it shows the order as in need of shipment. However, there are no fulfillment settings within an event item so there is no way to turn this off that I can find.

2) It is not charging sales tax. DC requires 6% sales tax on all events/event tickets. I checked that within our tax settings, taxes for shipping and non-physical items is turned on. It is, but it still is not applying tax. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MPDC 👋

I would like to look into this further with you. Can you please post a link to your website, as well as provide an example of an event title that is not charging taxes? 

Seeing the customer-facing checkout flow will help us narrow down what the issue is. 

Thanks in advance!!

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi, 

Support was able to solve the tax issue, and said the other issue unfortunately is just the way the system works if someone is buying an event ticket through a payment link—she put in a feature request with the developers. 

Message 3 of 3