x

Need help with the integration between square online and Meta.

Everything is pulling over as we enter product into square, But when I make a post on IG or FB and try to tag an item I am selling in my post it is unavailable. It pulls up as an option but is grayed out... When I go back to Meta catalog it is saying I have errors that need to be fixed. I have went through and cannot figure it out and I have tried to get help from Meta and they just send me a long instruction sheet that I have read but cannot get anyone to actually look at my account and tell me exactly what the errors are. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @ailovett and welcome to the Seller Community 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Instagram/Facebook integration. Wanted to make sure your question didn't fall through the cracks. However, at this time Square is unable to provide support for integrations besides how to set up or disconnect the integration from your Square account. 

Hopefully, other Sellers can chime in and share their experiences here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15

JJ,

I actually figured it out with the help of a Meta rep. Now I have an order that was placed through IG Shop and it shows as a pending order in commerce manager but states pending acknowledgement from square? Has anyone seen this? There is not a single notification or email that I e received an order, just noticed when I logged in the commerce account. 

Message 3 of 15

I am currently having this issue with my Meta Commerce Shop and Square. Were you able to resolve the issue? If so, how? Would love some insight and help! 

Message 4 of 15

Hey @jenniemaela - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you!

I am sorry you are having difficulties with Meta as well. Are you having the same issues as @ailovett mentioned above? If you can provide some more details I am happy to assist in any way I can. 

Message 5 of 15

ailovett

Message 6 of 15

I'm having this exact same issue. Customers are purchasing directly from Instagram using our Online Shop. Instagram is pulling our Square Inventory, but when someone purchases through Instagram (not our website), it is not sending out notifications and it is not showing the purchase on our Square Dashboard. The purchase also doesn't come out of our Square Inventory. This problem is a real issue because Meta is requiring all Instagram Shops enable Instagram Checkout vs Website Checkout. Square is telling me it's a Meta issue and Meta is telling me it's a Square issue. I've been working with Weebly & Meta for a month trying to resolve the issue and still no luck. 

Message 7 of 15

My issue it's not letting me remove the integration to let me do the integration that I haven't done before. Everytime I try I get an error.

Message 8 of 15

If you have the transaction details, our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here, @ailovett

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 15

Hello, does anyone know what the issue would be if it's saying to remove the meta integration but it's not giving me the option?

Message 10 of 15

I am experiencing the exact same issue of a customer purchasing an item on instagram and not seeing the order in Square. It just says "order pending acknowledgment by Square".  This is a HUGE issue as I have a bunch of orders in this state and have no way to process them in Square. Need help on this ASAP!

Message 11 of 15

Square is not up to date with the latest meta requirements so you can’t sell on meta with square until they are. Square told me they were working on it, but that was months ago. We finally migrated everything to Shopify and it works great. Square is a joke and they are constantly down. We’ve had Shopify for a few months and we never have any issues. Highly suggest moving away from square if you are trying to grow your online business. 

Message 12 of 15

I just had to disable the square integration w/Meta and archive my the Meta catalog to prevent people from shopping. This is a really horrible experience Square and how you will lose customers to Shopify!

Message 13 of 15

Hi, @vintage247!

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with the Meta integration. 

Unfortunately, Meta is in control of this integration. Here is a Support Article from Meta that highlights their Meta Commerce Manager. 

Our Ecommerce support team may be able to assist better in this case, so they can troubleshoot with you in real time.

If you'd like to speak with our Support Team by phone, you can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

Once again, I'm sorry for this frustrating experience and we are working to make this integration more seamless where possible.

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Any updates on this issue?  If I disable the Square integration, is it correct to say that my business will not be able to have customers shop on IG?  Or if I disable the integration w/Meta would I then have to upload the data for the items we want available?

Ahhhh!

Message 15 of 15