x

How can I disable Square Online order notification emails?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: disable online store order emails

Does anyone know how to disable the email notification for online store orders? We receive the notification for each order via our POS system, so there is no need to get a separate email for each and every order that is fulfilled. It seems like it would be a simple opt-out option, but I can't find it!

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

If you are using the new online store then there isn't currently a way to turn off email notifications. I suggest reaching out to your ESP to set up a filter so the order notification emails are automatically routed to a folder or deleted.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 28 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Yes!! Keep calling and making noise. This can’t be that difficult for them to figure out, and it is such a huge pain in the butt, and one more obstacle is NOT what small businesses need right now.

Message 43 of 58
Beta Member

None that I’m aware of.  I wish there was

Message 44 of 58

My email inbox is total mess because of this

Any solution?

Message 45 of 58
Admin

Hey @Hankyeol!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 🌸

Are you referring to Online Order transaction emails? 

If so, please try going to Square Online Dashboard > Account & Settings > Email Notifications:

There should be an option to uncheck Square Online Order email notifications. Does that resolve the issue? If so, feel free to mark this as a best answer.

If not, please follow up in this thread so I can look into this further for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 46 of 58

Iv already unchecked it 

still receiving email confirmations

Message 47 of 58
Alumni

Not possible right now. Check out Adam's suggestions in his best answer above (I moved your post to his thread so you can see it)

@Hankyeol

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 48 of 58
Super Seller

What if it is toggled off and I’m still receiving emails?

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 49 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MAXSDELI - Thanks for stopping The Seller Community 😊

Great Question.

If it is toggled off it should be functioning as intended otherwise our engineers may need to take a closer look.  

Please contact out support at your earliest convenience to so that our engineers have visibility on this matter.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 50 of 58

When I mark an order as "shipped", it sends an email to my customer and causes confusion.  They almost always email back "What is this?"  "When will I get this?"  And I have already delivered the product to their team's coach who distributes.  Is there any way turn off the customer emails when marked as shipped?  Right now I leave them all in my orders simply because I don't want an email going to the customer

Message 51 of 58

Heya @Acoose2007 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers disabling online store order notifications.

Check out the answers above for more details.

Ashley C
Message 52 of 58

How Is it not possible for square restaurants to not have a toggle to turn off online transaction email notifications? I receive an email for every online order that is placed, With us being in an online order world, I receive 100 plus emails a day from every online order and yet there is no way to turn this off?? WTF ? Lets go Square, if your customer support is missing something please inform me, I find it completely unacceptable that you cant turn off this feature? 

Message 53 of 58

To disable the online order email notifications go to online, settings, notifications and the disable online email notification for orders is listed.

Mark Mizer
Message 54 of 58

To disable the online order email notifications go to online, settings, notifications and the disable online email notification.  Online notifications for orders is listed.

Mark Mizer
Mark Mizer
Message 55 of 58

Thank you for sharing, Mark 🙂 

I'm just going to add this help center link in case anyone has further questions. 

Message 56 of 58
Super Seller

Not true, I figured it out. Here’s how to stop receiving email notifications for every single order. It took a while to find this particular setting but it’s working for me, I no longer receive an email for each order, just notifications on my phone via the app which are easily ignored or extremely helpful if needed. 

*Please mark as BEST ANSWER if this works for you. 

19BB7FDC-BEF0-483F-B8DE-2E5C906533C2.jpeg

Square Online Store
Message 57 of 58
Super Seller

*I figured it out. Here’s how to stop receiving email notifications for every single online order. It took a while to find this particular setting but it’s working for me, I no longer receive an email for each online order, just notifications on my phone via the app which are easily ignored or extremely helpful if needed. 

*Please mark as BEST ANSWER if this works for you. 

MAXSDELI_0-1653430650456.jpeg

Square Online Store
Message 58 of 58