x

How can I override or group the shipping fees for my Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Multiple items shipped for one fee]

Hi, All -- I don't think this question has been asked, so I'm starting a new thread.  I am setting up a new store to sell unframed artwork in various sizes.  The artwork is not heavy, and several pieces can be shipped in one envelope/box for ONE regular shipping fee, if the buyer decides to purchase more than one.  What is the best way to handle this?  If the shipping fee is listed for every item and automatically added to the purchase price, how do I bypass that?   Is the shipping fee entered automatically, or is it inserted by the buyer?  If it is added automatically, and, for example, the buyer wants to purchase 3 small artworks rather than just one, and the three can all be shipped in the same package for one shipping fee, I can save the buyer shipping costs on the other items and not send three separate packages -- makes sense to me, but how do I do it?  Thanks in advance for any good advice you can give me.  I'm just setting up the store, so not sure of all of the procedures!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @SmallTownGal19,

Thanks for posting and happy to look into this for you.

In order to make sure i'm understanding, what website builder did you use to create your site (Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce etc.)? Also, can you provide the URL to your website/page? Thank you!

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Hi, Alex:  I'm using the free online store website builder, which I believe is Weebly.  My store has not yet been published, because I'm still getting my images together to put on the store, so there is no URL that I can give you to check out...thought someone might know the answer to this before I published.  Thanks for your help!  

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

@SmallTownGal19,

Understood.

In this case I recommend using flat rate shipping. Flat rate shipping is a base fee and it doesn’t matter whether it's 1 item or 3 items. Shipping costs will always be the the same. You have the option to adjust your shipping rates as you begin to get a better idea of order size. The rules are not set in stone and can be adjusted at any time.

if you would like to have a member of our Weebly Team look more in depth into your account before it's published, feel free to reach them here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Hi, Alex -- Thanks for your reply.  I'm familiar with flat rate mailing, and plan to use it.  However, that does not solve the problem.  My question is this;  If a person orders an artwork, and the shipping is added to that artwork, and then they want another artwork and order that one, is the shipping added again to that artwork, or is shipping applied at the end of a cumulative order?  In other words, can a customer order artworks 1, 2 and 3, and then the shipping is added at the bottom of the order and is ONE charge, or is the shipping added to each individual artwork, thus tripling the shipping cost?  That would not be good!!!!!  And, I will contact the Weebly team!  I appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 5