x

How do I edit my Weebly Website?

I do not sell anything on my website. I am just trying to log in to Weebly to edit my website as I have always done and it is redirecting me to square. I don't want anything to do with Square as I don't sell through my website. How do I log in to Weebly and edit my website as I have for the last 18 months? I'm so frustrated!

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 72
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @PleaseHelp2-  Have you tried logging in through the Weebly website directly? I would also attempt this on an incognito browser. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 72

Best Answer

I finally got in using a different browser-- Chrome seemed to be the problem. Once I clicked on the blue box on my website, a new page opened with Weebly Powered by Square (something like that) in the top center. I clicked on that, and it brought me to a login page. After that, I was good. 

I hope this works for you!

View Best Answer >

Message 35 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

How do I get into the website to edit?

Message 22 of 72

Can you helpo me get into the website to edit? Thanks.

Message 23 of 72

Are you there to help?

Message 24 of 72

Message 25 of 72

I have and that is no longer allowed. This has been going on for at least the past month! I am considering moving everything off squareup and reviewing it as a very difficult platform.

Message 26 of 72

I was finally able to log in to my Weebly account by using a different browser. I normally use Google Chrome - but I tried to log in to my Weebly account using Safari - and it worked! I was able to get back to where I could edit my website. Give that a try - hopefully that will get you back in too! Good luck.

Message 27 of 72

I can't get into my site either.  Keeps directing me to square to start a new site. I've had my site for 3 years or so.  Where is it?

Message 28 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jmerrick - we are unable to look into specific account situations here on the Community, so we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly. They can work with you directly to track down and access your site.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 72

@jmerrick:

First, read through some of the replies on this thread. Most of us were able to access our Weebly site from a different browser. 

If that doesn't work, when you get to the Square screen, look for Weebly in the top center panel. Click on that. That should bring you to a login screen. After that, everything should be familiar.  

Message 30 of 72

Thank you! Signing in through a different browser worked! Whew! I am now able to edit my website again - but only by using a different browser. I'm hoping to figure out how to sign in through the browser I use most often, but until then, at least I can update my website again.

Message 31 of 72

Sorry, Sarya, this is not helpful. When I followed the link you provided, I still came to the Square Online page. It wants me to create a new website. I already HAVE a website on Weebly. I want to be able to edit it. I do not sell through my website, so I don't need access to Square and its services. I just want access to edit my website!!!! 

Message 32 of 72

Ditto to what Jeanne said!!  I can't believe there isn't a number to call to fix this.

Message 33 of 72

I can't get into my website to edit it!!  Can you help?  www.bestlimousinecompany.com

Message 34 of 72

Best Answer

I finally got in using a different browser-- Chrome seemed to be the problem. Once I clicked on the blue box on my website, a new page opened with Weebly Powered by Square (something like that) in the top center. I clicked on that, and it brought me to a login page. After that, I was good. 

I hope this works for you!

Message 35 of 72

I accessed it by going to www.weebly.com and logging in under my Weebly account. I used Microsoft Edge as my browser. It worked.

Message 36 of 72

Same problem! This is terrible!  How can they just hijack the weebly site?  I was considering going with the square website until I suddenly couldn't log into my regular weebly website at all. No matter what I type in it redirects to square. You should not have to change browsers every time you want to go back to the website you've used for years.  Others have said switching to Edge worked, but I have Edge now.  I think you just have to change browsers regardless of what you started with. This is totally insane and really turns me off to Square. 

Message 37 of 72

I tried logging in using Facebook and it worked to get into my Weebly page. I used Chrome as my browser, too. You might try resetting all of your history. 

Message 38 of 72

I just sent an e-mail to Weebly support asking them why this was such a problem. I noticed that Square was in the footer of their home page. I think that in order to access your Weebly page,  you have to agree to sign up for a Square account (not sure you have to ever use it). That was the only way I managed to get through to my Weebly web site so I could edit it.

Message 39 of 72

@bk1957 Good thinking to contact weebly.  I do have a Square account.  What did you do to "get through" to your weebly account? 

I did find that using an "in private" window to log into weebly apparently blocks the hijack.  Let us all know if you get an answer from weebly! 

Message 40 of 72

Well, now weebly seems to be working.... I had closed down all browsers and let it sit overnight!  Yesterday I had logged out and restarted the computer and it still re-routed me to square.  

Message 41 of 72

I think Square is having issues and trying to resolve them; I got into Weebly by going directly to an old www.weebly.com link that I had. Also, it seems to work if I use the option to login using Facebook. I think you letting things sit overnight and then rebooting allowed the "loop" to stop sending you back into Square. Sometimes you have to delete your entire history to make that happen.

Message 42 of 72