x

How do I enable weebly's CDN for my weebly website?

I've been trying to speed up my weebly website and have already optimized the images and other things to speed it up but it's still at a 17 on the performance scale. When running a page insights audit, the suggestion is to minimize main thread work (25.1 seconds) and to reduce java script execution time (17.6 seconds). Since I don't think weebly allows me to change these things, I looked into using weebly's CDN to speed up loading time but cannot find the option to enable it on the editor page. If anyone can share screen shots that would be immensely helpful. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @PAG69.  I looked around the Weebly settings, and you are correct there is no CDN option.  For the life of me, I thought it used to be there, but that’s no matter.  It isn’t now.  One option would be to use a Cloudflare and add your Weebly site to it. Here’s a link to a help document outlining the steps to do that. Make a note of this, however, because it is important.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to connect a free Weebly site to Cloudflare CDN. You should have connected a custom domain to your Weebly site. This domain could be from Weebly or from any other domain registrars like GoDaddy or Namecheap.”

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @PAG69.  I looked around the Weebly settings, and you are correct there is no CDN option.  For the life of me, I thought it used to be there, but that’s no matter.  It isn’t now.  One option would be to use a Cloudflare and add your Weebly site to it. Here’s a link to a help document outlining the steps to do that. Make a note of this, however, because it is important.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to connect a free Weebly site to Cloudflare CDN. You should have connected a custom domain to your Weebly site. This domain could be from Weebly or from any other domain registrars like GoDaddy or Namecheap.”

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2