x

How to customize event purchase confirmation emails?

When my customers purchase admission to an event, they get an email saying:

Event Information

If this event requires a paper ticket or other additional information, it will be sent shortly in a separate email. If you have any questions, please contact us.

How do I customize this email?

I would rather tell my customers that they will be admitted to the event by just showing an ID.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

We're an official Square Partner and can give you a single file that allows you to edit a secondary email that goes out yourself.

We can also add QR Codes to that email that are scannable for quick check-ins. 

Thomas

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 12

This reply misses the mark.  I have the same question.  I don't want to send a 2nd email.  I want to customize the first email that goes out.

Message 3 of 12

Did anyone ever answer this question? It is exactly what I need to know!

Message 4 of 12

Go to dashboard > communications > email & text alerts

select the email you want to edit - in this case, order confirmation - and click on the three dots to the R

select "edit email"

You can minimally edit the email, including changing that header message.

Message 5 of 12

Is this email specifically tied to one item or is it going to be the same email for any event someone purchases?  I would like to be able to send customized emails for each different event.

Message 6 of 12
Square Community Moderator

At this time, we don't have a way to customise emails from specific event purchases @juliagraves82, so it would be the same email for each event. I'll pass this feedback on to the relevant team, as I can see how useful it would be to have this option! Thank you for bringing this to our attention 🙂

Message 7 of 12

Thank you. Is this single email specific to all events, or is it the same email no matter what someone orders, such as a physical item,

a digital item or an event?

Message 8 of 12

You can create different emails for each specific order type, so your order emails for items can be different to those for events, or digital products, for example @juliagraves82 👍

Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

I don't see any place to customize the confirmation email for events. All I have in the list are: 

Abandoned Cart
Gift Card Sent
Order Confirmation

Order Prepared

Items Shipped

Items Refunded

Items Cancelled

None of these options has the information that shows up in the events confirmation email, such as "If this event requires a paper ticket or other additional information, it will be sent shortly in a separate email." Is there someplace else I need to look to find the Event Confirmation email template besides Communications > Email & Text Alerts?

Message 10 of 12

Hi @tanoshii,

Sorry for giving you dud advice here! We're not able to customise emails for specific item types at the moment. The workaround here would be to edit the Order Confirmation email, and adding your T&C's for events, for example. I think it would be a great idea to have more customisation here to make instructions clearer for customers - we'll pass this feedback on to the team! 

Message 11 of 12

Hello, this is 2 years later and I notice nothing has changed with the square events emails. I want to send and edit the confirmation emails and automatically send out the event details after is there still no way to do this on square? 

Message 12 of 12