x

How to migrate my square host?

Hello, I have had a namecheap hosting website for 3 years, and its good till 12/2023 paid in full $12/yr. Now I have my square/weebly domain bricahbracshoppe.com but I can't afford square hosting $29/mth beginning 4/14/22 because I'm still not making enough sales. 

I want to backup and migrate my website (I know how to port the domain) to namecheap. Is this possible? 

Thanks, 

S. McKay 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, to understand, you have your .com at Square and your website with namecheap?  If so, you can contact Square Support to continue with your .com only or you can have the domain moved to namecheap.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

Hi, thanks for responding. Yes, my square shop is bricahbracshoppe.com. Now, I've had domains and websites with other companies years ago and was always told "I could migrate the website/host to the domain I have anywhere" now, I don't know how it is with square/Weebly, and if the support team knows as well. I did communicate with them before asking her and they are only telling me how to point the domain to NameCheap. I got how to do that, but no one can tell me how to migrate the website/host to Namecheap (host/website). They even suggested to me, that I should ask here.

So, is this something I square offers? I want to backup and migrate.

Any assistance with this matter will be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

HI, no, Square will not migrate and backup.  You would need to create the site from scratch.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

Hi, sorry for just responding. Had so much going on in the family since posting. 

No, I have my domain with namecheap, and just paid for a stella hosting with namecheap as well. I still have the free square/weebly site and need to get it to the stella namecheap hosting account. 

Message 5 of 5