x

How to point a Wix domain to Square Weebly

Hello, my current domain and website are registered with Wix.com.

Square helped me to create a new website on their platform Weebly, however, I am having trouble updating the DNS records on Wix, as Square only provided A-Records.

I contacted Wix, which informed me that I also needed C-Name (Aliases). My rep at Square said I didn't. Long story short, I was not able to point my domain to my new site. Any help?

PS: I know how to get to Domains > Manage DNS Records on Wix, I only need the proper records to update.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community, @codmother, and thanks for posting your question!

The answer is you can actually do it more than one way: with a CNAME or without one. We recommend in our guide to connecting a domain people just add two A records, but you can also do it with a single A record and a single CNAME record. To do the latter, add or edit the A record for your root domain to point to our IP address, then use add or edit the CNAME for the WWW subdomain/host and for the destination enter your root domain.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 3

Thanks, @AdamB ! I've just updated the DNS records, following your instructions. Fingers crossed. Feedback– it would be great to share that info with Square Online team members as I explained the same thing to both my account rep and online rep, and they couldn't provide a solution to the problem.

Message 3 of 3