x

How to remove the Google Recaptcha floating icon on home page?

Hi everyone. I just set up my square web page and I have this annoying Google Racaptcha icon floating on my home page.  How do I get rid of it? (Alpha-mare.com)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Caroline

Message 1 of 48
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to remove the Google Recaptcha floating icon on home page

Good news @MAXSDELI @Alphamarestudio @cmkruemcke @Bradthelegoguy @KribiCoffee @cmkruemcke

I've been told that a fix for this issue has been deployed. You should no longer see the Google Recaptcha floating icon on your Square site home page. 

Please reply back to confirm! Thanks 👩🏼‍💻

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Good news @MAXSDELI @Alphamarestudio @cmkruemcke @Bradthelegoguy @KribiCoffee @cmkruemcke

I've been told that a fix for this issue has been deployed. You should no longer see the Google Recaptcha floating icon on your Square site home page. 

Please reply back to confirm! Thanks 👩🏼‍💻

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

HI, gorgeous artwork.  I just checked the website, there is no Google Capcha on the site.  Did you click the Submit button on the Commission Piece form?  

Also, you can get a true black or white background easily with fotofuze.com.  It removes all background items

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 48

I have the exact same problem with the Recaptcha popout icon. When you select it it pops out about 2 inches and has two links, one for Google "terms" and one for "privacy". I am new to square and while I was processing through the setup of my site I vaguely remember selecting  Recaptcha to prevent spam on my site. I have spent three hours trying to find it again so I can unselect it but for the life of me I can not find it again. It is totally annoying because it completely blocks the logo in my footer. I don't want any spam but I don't want this crappy icon either.

Message 3 of 48

I will third this. Went to my site this morning and this annoying ReCaptcha Icon just magically appeared. Where do we remove it?

Brad The Lego Guy

Owner - BTLG Bricks

Message 4 of 48
Beta Member

Cool Store name! Need that URL now....

Found it. Suggestion: Can you re-label your form at the bottom of the page for a generalized "Contact Us" perhaps?  Like, if I'm looking for a special-purpose brick and IDK if it's ever been made or if someone can 3D print it....

Message 5 of 48
Super Seller

Yep, me too. It appeared today and I’ve spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to remove it. 

@isabelle 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 6 of 48
Admin

I can file a bug/ticket with Engineering for this in the morning @MAXSDELI

Message 7 of 48
Admin

Heard back from Engineering @MAXSDELI. They explained to me that the reCaptcha icon shows up if there are contact forms on the page.

Google has very specific requirements for hiding it - so we are working with them directly to take care of that. It's currently in progress (what we call sprint), so it should hopefuly be resolved in the next couple weeks, although I'm unable to make guarantees.

Message 8 of 48
Super Seller

Thank you. It just showed up a few days ago despite having a contact form on our site. What that form has to do with Google, I don’t know but we’d like it removed. 

Square Online Store
Message 9 of 48

The same has happened with my site. It’s blocking important information and honestly it doesn’t look good. 

Message 10 of 48
Admin

Hey @SincereSanguine, @MAXSDELI, @Bradthelegoguy -

I filed a ticket with our Engineering Team to look into this. I used Max's Deli as the example site, but I let them know you're all impacted. I'll update this thread when I hear something! 

Message 11 of 48
Beta Member

I’m wondering if this issue has been resolved for the previous posts? I noticed yesterday the recaptcha badge showing up for the first time on my mobile device while viewing my website. It was not there previously and I’d really like it removed. May I please have a ticket filed as well?

wirrwarrwraps.com

Message 12 of 48

Not for me, no. Still showing up...it's rather annoying.

Message 13 of 48
Beta Member

Talked to support online and seems it's a Google issue and not anything we can change. I sure hope that does not permanently stay the case. It was not there last week, seemingly popped up out of nowhere and now is nothing but a nuisance and an eye sore.

Message 14 of 48
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for bouncing back here and letting us know where you landed with Support, @cmkruemcke. Hopefully Google will push out some fixes or updates in the near future.

Thanks again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 48
Super Seller

F6179E6E-696D-4D2D-8AAE-C6D01A3A539A.png

This doesn’t need to be here and is now the number one complaint by customers using the platform. @Square @Joe 

Square Online Store
Message 16 of 48
Beta Member

I agree @MAXSDELI As a designer, it is really getting to me. I truly hope the engineering team can resolve this much sooner than later.

Message 17 of 48
Super Seller

I suspect that @Square & Google are using it to track data and usage patterns by customers?

I could be wrong. 😉

Square Online Store
Message 18 of 48

This is the number one complaint by my customers. Google says it's Square, Square says it's Google. As a business owner, I could care less. I'll have to look over the contract as I don't recall any mention of Google, nor their api. It more than likely did, I just don't recall.

Message 19 of 48

Okay after having this same thing on our website, I figured a workaround!

So it only comes up when there's a form on the page. I had a newsletter sign-up on my home page and then removed it and then it went away. If there is a newsletter signup in your website's footer, then the Recaptcha thing will be on EVERY page 💀. So If you truly don't want it there but you want your newsletter signup, what can you do to make another page specifically for newsletter signups or even put the newsletter form on your contact page.

It would be nice to have a toggle for it but this seems to be the only way.

Hope this helps everyone!

Message 20 of 48
Beta Member

Exactly @KribiCoffee ! I have been working extremely hard to build an email list for my newsletter so the last thing I want to do is remove the option to sign up for it or make it difficult for a user to find the form. But I also want this badge removed. It is incredibly intrusive and unsightly.

I have had this same form on my website from the day I created it and not once did a recpatcha badge show up until very recently. I wish I knew why it appeared. More so, I wish Square could figure out how to get it removed for us while being able to keep our forms in tact as they are.

Message 21 of 48