x

How to remove the Google Recaptcha floating icon on home page?

Hi everyone. I just set up my square web page and I have this annoying Google Racaptcha icon floating on my home page.  How do I get rid of it? (Alpha-mare.com)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Caroline

Message 1 of 48
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to remove the Google Recaptcha floating icon on home page

Good news @MAXSDELI @Alphamarestudio @cmkruemcke @Bradthelegoguy @KribiCoffee @cmkruemcke

I've been told that a fix for this issue has been deployed. You should no longer see the Google Recaptcha floating icon on your Square site home page. 

Please reply back to confirm! Thanks 👩🏼‍💻

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Good news @MAXSDELI @Alphamarestudio @cmkruemcke @Bradthelegoguy @KribiCoffee @cmkruemcke

I've been told that a fix for this issue has been deployed. You should no longer see the Google Recaptcha floating icon on your Square site home page. 

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Square Champion

Curious, how long did it take to see it disappear after removing the form from your site? I’ve removed the Catering Request form from my site and it’s still visible…

95070E85-B5D8-4340-A493-CAC70A2D70A4.jpeg

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 22 of 48

It happened instantly, but looks like yours is gone as well! But I see you have the newsletter sign-up in your footer. Glad to see it!

Message 23 of 48
Square Champion

@Joe @isabelle 

Removed our Contact form last week and the reCap logo is still on our site:

http://eatatmaxs.square.site 

I still believe we’re owed either an explanation as to why it remains or a way to remove it. 

9100E883-B2E6-4E94-B255-A64307C1DECE.png

Square Online Store
Message 24 of 48
Admin

Hey @MAXSDELI-

That's fair. I know how frustrating this is.

I was originally told that this is something Google has implemented - and not something we have complete control over removing, so we've had to work with them directly which takes time. I just reached back out to Engineering to get a bit more information. I should have an update by the end of today. Thank you for your patience. 

Message 25 of 48
Square Champion

@KribiCoffee  posted a supposed fix and it was marked as a Best Answer however, that didn’t seem to work in our case, anyone else successful in removing the reCap?

@Alphamarestudio @cmkruemcke @Bradthelegoguy 

Square Online Store
Message 26 of 48

Hey Max,

I tested the fix and took all forms off of my site. I left it for 24hrs and the ReCaptcha is still there....

Really blocks mobile and causes incidental activation as most people use their left thumb to scroll (it shows on the bottom left side).

Brad The Lego Guy
Owner - BTLG Bricks

Message 27 of 48
Square Champion

Yep. Im fairly certain at this point, that it’s intentional and the only fix will come in the form of everyone throwing a tantrum at once! 😂

It’s the number one complaint by customers. Btw, thanks for the reply. 

Max

@isabelle @Square 

Square Online Store
Message 28 of 48
Admin

Hey @Bradthelegoguy and @MAXSDELI - just sent another message to the folks investigating the issue (and who are supposed to hopefully deploy a fix). I will let you know as soon as I have an update. 

Really sorry for the delay. 

Message 29 of 48
Square Champion

🤙

Square Online Store
Message 30 of 48
Admin

Best Answer

Message 31 of 48
Beta Member

WOO-HOO!!!!

Thank you @isabelle This is wonderful news. Just refreshed my site on desktop and mobile and the badge is in fact gone! I am ecstatic.

Now, if Square could get the online coupon code feature to work I'd be good to go! I replied to a thread on the topic and have spoken to support twice about it (case no. 63735991) but no response on the status. If you have any way to help on that, I'd be most appreciative.

Happy Thursday, recaptcha badge free!!! 

cmkruemcke

Message 32 of 48
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @cmkruemcke!

Please tag me in the other thread regarding online coupons - I'll see what I can do. 

Message 33 of 48
Beta Member

You got it!. Doing that now.

@cmkruemcke 

Message 34 of 48
Square Champion

I just noticed it as I was updating our site, thank you! 

Curious, is it possible to add a contact page back to the site without the reCap showing up again? 

Square Online Store
Message 35 of 48
Admin

No - it should not @MAXSDELI

Message 36 of 48

We use Square for Restaurants and starting yesterday there is a reCAPTCHA when we sign into our account.

Message 37 of 48

We do not have a contact form.  I had to use reCAPTCHA to sign in to respond...we are not online sellers, we use Square for restaurants in our restaurant.  No online orders, no "special" usage of Square except as a POS.

@Geezer: We are a new Brewpub/restaurant in Princeton, TX.  We have a FB page and are generating our URL - thanks for the positive comments!

Message 38 of 48
Beta Member

I NEED THIS THING GONE on the backend sign-in page!!!! There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to require this when an Admin is logging in on the ADMIN computer for the ENTIRE COMPANY.

Message 39 of 48
Square Champion

Likewise on the reCap, now it’s requiring us to reCap every time we login, is this really necessary?

Hating…

Square Online Store
Message 40 of 48
Square Community Moderator

Hey all! I just want to make sure I'm understanding that the issue is on your backend sign-in page, and not your online website?

@MAXSDELI I think you may have had an issue with captcha on your contact form in the past? 

Message 41 of 48
Square Champion

Yes, that was a few months ago, we removed the contact form and shortly thereafter, it disappeared. 

This has to do with login to our Dashboard or Super Seller, Beta etc. I had to reCap just to respond to your reply…

I first noticed it earlier this week

Square Online Store
Message 42 of 48