x

How to unhide Categories

I recently added the Fareharbor booking system to our website.  The booking system went live yesterday and I am dismayed to see that the Fareharbor team hide some of the Categories in my online store.  I have tried to find an option to "unhide" these categories but cannot find a way to do so.  Does anyone know how to restore hidden Categories?  

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks Chip.  To get the Fareharbor set up they had to have access to our site.  That's when they made the changes.  I was finally able to figure out how to "un-hide" the categories.  I went to Online - Items - Site Categories and from that page I was able to make the categories visible again.  

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Hi @WindrushAlpacas.  I’ve read your post a few times and I’m going to have to admit I’m stumped about what you are asking, exactly.  Fairharbor, as I understand it, is a third-party booking system that you have to added to to your website to access.  I assume that you have a Square Online store and that you added embedded code into one of your web pages.

Otherwise, I don’t know how Fairharbor could possible interfere with your Square Online store.  Doing so would be tantamount to hacking since Fairharbor should not have access to your online store.  So, could you please post a link to your store, and either some screen shots or at least a better explanation of what exactly is going on/hidden/missing?

Thans,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Thanks Chip.  To get the Fareharbor set up they had to have access to our site.  That's when they made the changes.  I was finally able to figure out how to "un-hide" the categories.  I went to Online - Items - Site Categories and from that page I was able to make the categories visible again.  

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

I’m happy to hear that.  I’d love to know why a third party thought it was ok to mess with your site beyond what was needed to integrate, of course.  That seems just so wrong.  Anyway, thanks for letting us know what was going on here.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5

I agree.  Rest assured we have had words about this issue.  Hopefully they will not do the same to another client.

Message 5 of 5