x

I started process on the cbd program and decided not to do it

I need to stop the process on the cbd program because I changed my mind but now my account is under review and I cannot use my funds until I finish.  How do I stop the process to be able to use my funds?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You will need to complete the forms necessary - alternatively if you are not selling the products you have been flagged for or have been inaccurately flagged, please contact Square support here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971 

Please note to reach phone support you will need to be the account owner or an authorised representative to talk about confidential (account specific) topics - This article covers designating an authorised representative - you may also require a customer code which will be displayed upon selecting call us, phone support is available Mon-Fri.

If this helps please mark it as best answer to help other sellers in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

You will need to complete the forms necessary - alternatively if you are not selling the products you have been flagged for or have been inaccurately flagged, please contact Square support here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971 

Please note to reach phone support you will need to be the account owner or an authorised representative to talk about confidential (account specific) topics - This article covers designating an authorised representative - you may also require a customer code which will be displayed upon selecting call us, phone support is available Mon-Fri.

If this helps please mark it as best answer to help other sellers in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 9

I’m in the same boat here. Unfortunately contacting square is absolutely useless. I’ve sent multiple emails with no response. I called about a month ago and my issue was “passed along to the right team” who clearly didn’t read what my issue actually was because they just sent me the same email I received originally saying the certification I had for the THC content wasn’t correct. For context I’m a massage therapist and used to offer CBD as an upgrade. I have since removed the option because the certificate that comes with the oil isn’t approved by Square and there’s no way to find what they want, so I decided to try and cancel my application as I haven’t been paid by them since March. They now have over a thousand dollars of mine I have no access to and when I called last week they said they would bump my issue along, we’re surprised to hear no one had responded to my emails, and now here I am 5 days later with still no response from my “prioritized” issue. 

my recommendation: DO NOT APPLY FOR THE CBD PROGRAM!! It is not worth it! I’m probably going to end up losing months of pay because of their incompetence in taking care of their customers and will be switching ti another service so I can actually be paid for my work again.

If you’re thinking of applying for the program DON’T! And if you’re already in the process and stuck like me, maybe we can get a community together to see how many peoples’ funds their “holding” without resolution…

Message 3 of 9

I am having the same issue I responded with all the COA'S and changed the wording as requested. Now it won't let me submit responses and can't talk to anyone. They are holding funds as well and supposedly can't call that department. Starting to think Square is a scam when it comes to CBD products even though I am selling products for another person and copied and pasted exactly what is on their site, etc

Message 4 of 9

I’m sorry you’re having the same issue! It’s so frustrating. I got some legal advice to write the attorney general a letter about my case seeing as Forbes magazine had a piece on the unethical practices Square began back in 2020 of holding their clients funds without explanation for months. Turns out they’re in some financial trouble so you hit the nail on the head thinking it’s a scam. I went through all their social media and they’re doing this to thousands of people. I read an article where a guy faced closing his small business from this sort of issue (it’s not just CBD related but that’s definitely a good way to get screwed I’ve learned) and he wrote the CEO of Square at which point they finally gave him his funds. I finally got mine after 3 months of going in circles crying on the phone to a woman on customer support who took the initiative to look into why, even after canceling and removing everything and being dropped from the CBD application, my funds were still being withheld. Neither she nor the person before her knew why I wasn’t getting my money still (probably because they don’t tell customer support the whole company is a criminal scam) and after that I finally got back pay for my months of work. They’ll jerk you around and tell you they’ll “elevate your case” or whatever, which are all lies as I’m sure you’ve found. Just keep pressing that you’ve done everything and they need to give you a solid reason and that you’re going to need to take further action if this keeps up. I hope this helps! If you’re totally blocked by them you can try writing the attorney general or CEO since that seems to be the only way they do anything. 

Message 5 of 9

Can you please post the CEO contact information?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @NLett,

Thanks for reaching out. I am happy to help. What seems to be going on? 

Message 7 of 9

I am also a month into this nightmare 

Message 8 of 9

Oh man I’m sorry to hear that. It sucks because after my several month debacle of them withholding funds and being heinously neglectful, I was able to get my funds and leave. It sucks becaise square has so many good features and was the easiest to use of the platforms I’ve tried, but this CBD program really shows the issues that have come to light about the bad business practices and abuse of their clients. I’d rather stumble through using less-intuitive software than be subject to their fraud and theft. One look at their Facebook and Twitter comments makes me wonder how there hasn’t been a lawsuit or some form of legal action against them yet. 

Message 9 of 9