x
Beta Member

Item Image Gallery Settings

Hello Sellers and Moderators,

I'm a Square Online website designer that works for clients/sellers.

Two questions about Item Image Gallery settings:

1. ADD IMAGE BORDER

One of my clients pointed out that the Square Online editor > Item details > Content > Image Gallery > Add Image Border selection is not functioning in our live view.

We've toggled Add Image Border "On" and cannot see a border on a live item page.

Is there a color setting associated with this option that we need to set so a border around each image will appear?

Here's an example item with Add image border selected, a photo with a light background, in a section with a white background, on my Square Online test account:
https://taylor-jones-testing.square.site/product/heather-backpack/21

2. ITEM IMAGE ZOOM

A Help Doc mentions that there's an option to turn item image zoom on or off.

Has this option moved? We cannot find it in Square Online editor > Item details > Content > Image Gallery

Help doc is here –

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6904-customize-item-pages-in-square-online-store

Screenshot is attached for reference.

Any helpful advice or guidance is truly appreciated!

item-image-zoom.png

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @taylorandjones.

There are two places where you can change the image fit.  

The first one is from the Order Online page, click on the Item List section.  Then click on “Item Images.”  You will see an “Image fit” section with two options — Crop & Scale.  If you choose scale, the images will be zoomed to fit into the image box.

The second one is found by clicking on “Item View,” which will again show Crop & Scale as image fit options.

As for borders, the only border I know that is available is for the item list.  It can be found under “Item Cards” but there seems to be no option to change the color.  It comes in gray or nothing.

I hope that helps somewhat.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for the fast reply @TheRealChipA 

This help doc states that item IMAGE ZOOM and IMAGE BORDER options are available for item pages, so we're wondering if / how we can access and activate these customizations in the editor: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6904-customize-item-pages-in-square-online-store

Many thanks!

Susan J.
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@taylorandjones I’m beginning to think that the help document is somehow out of date.  I searched all of the options available on the Item Page editor.  I see image fit (crop/scale) and add image border.  The crop/scale seems to work to make my images fit, but the border seems to be totally non-functional and I can’t find a setting for it anywhere.  

It’s looking like you might need to get in touch with the Customer Success Team and get routed to Online support.   Sorry I couldn’t be of more help here.

48C0F039-9057-40A9-8D86-EF2AD45F62D9.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for taking time to test and confirm the image gallery options, @TheRealChipA 

I will seek help with customer support 😀

Susan J.
Message 5 of 5