x

Local Delivery / App Integration Help for Smoother Checkout Experience

My candle company offers two fulfillment options -  free local delivery within a 5 mile radius and paid shipping U.S.-wide. A customer needs to enter their address on the individual product page to place the item into their cart: 

https://www.e3apothecary.com/product/brewhouse/8?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

This has created much confusion and frustration for customers. I would prefer that a customer fill their cart (no address requirement on each product page) and at the checkout page, the website would intuitively select local delivery vs. paid shipping based on the customer's inputted address. Is there an app integration that can help get us there?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @e3apothecary😀

With local delivery, the software is built to ask for the address on the individual items because it doesn't want people to add several items to their cart, go to checkout, and then realize they can't have it delivered. This is to prevent any items from "slipping through the cracks". 

I do get what you are saying though and what you are looking for. But, some businesses have it set up where only certain items are eligible for local delivery, and you cannot have multiple fulfillment methods in one order. 

If you would like, you can also submit your suggestion about fulfillment options to our Ideate Board in the Seller Community. Our Product Teams keep their eyes on this form as they are constantly working to improve our products and features. 

I do not have an integration I can suggest for you at this time, but maybe some of our other Community members will pop in and provide their input.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you. My fulfillment method is so simple and streamlined to cover all product types that it's extremely frustrating that I can't get my website to work the way "other websites work". My back-up solution was to created a free shipping scenario for customers who live in a local delivery zip code, but it appears Square only allows shipping customization at the Country level. Is there a work-around with shipping at the zip code level that you know of?

Message 3 of 3