x
Admin

Now Recruiting: Create Preorders by testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing

You’ve asked for it - a way to create Pre-orders on your online store and manage pickup and delivery in a way that supports your business. 

Square Beta is now testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing. 

What

This new feature now allows you to accept orders without providing your customers a dedicated pickup or delivery time -- giving you control of how you fulfill online orders.

Current limitations in this test allow your entire item library to be sold without Fulfillment ETA. This means that in order to have specialized items for pre-order or without a set date, you will need to make a secondary location for your orders if you allow for pickup/delivery on scheduled or ASAP items as well.

We are working towards item level fulfillment options in the future.

If you would like to test the current functionality of Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing, we have few steps to enroll:

1. Reply to this thread that you are interested.
  2. Please take a second to join our Square Online Group in the Beta Community. Getting involved is as easy as requesting to join and singing the NDA embedded in your request to join.
  3. Use the support materials to set up your store for Fulfillment without ETA.
  4. Test and provide Feedback. Part of launching successful products for Square Online is making sure we have properly tested the feature and provided feedback for needed and wanted changes to the team. This includes bugs that you may find during the test.

Fine print:

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible to test this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.
  • Again, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific

Happy testing and see you in the Beta Community! 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 100
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

If you have been accepted into the Beta Community and are looking for your support materials for this test, please take a look .

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 100
Admin

Best Answer

Hey all! Actually this option is live in your account for all users now! @mrkbingham @hotboxfusionbbq @StarCider 

Get Started

To begin testing you’ll need to first adjust your pickup & delivery settings within Store Admin:

1. Click Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Click Edit location > Edit Order timing settings 
  3. Under Pickup & delivery times, toggle OFF the fulfillment methods you wish to restrict order fulfillment times
  4. Add a Short Message to let your customers know when they can expect to get orders with no dedicated fulfillment time
  5. Click Save 

Managing New Orders on Square Point of Sale

1. Head to the Orders tab in Square Point of Sale
  2. Select an order > Assign a pickup/delivery time
  3. Select Done > Customer is notified of assigned pickup/delivery time.  

Limitations

• Currently, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific and will affect all items within your item library. This means that in order to have specialized items available for pre-order, you will need to create a secondary location for those orders. After creating a new location, you can then designate your "pre-order items" to be available for that location only.

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.

Let us know if you have any questions.

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
Beta Member

I am interested in joining. Thanks for the opportunity to use this feature early.

Message 22 of 100
Admin

@lazysqacres Same as the above, you're enabled. Please access the group for how to get set up.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 23 of 100
Beta Member

please include me, looking forward to this addition.

Message 24 of 100
Admin

@tmtegt You're in.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 25 of 100
Beta Member

Interested 

Message 26 of 100
Beta Member

Count me in

Message 27 of 100
Beta Member

very interested in this feature, would love to beta

Message 28 of 100
Admin

@speckledsheep You will need to join the above group in order to access the testing support doc and sign the Beta NDA.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 29 of 100
Beta Member

We need this for our bread and catering. LOKAL Café is in. 

Message 30 of 100
Beta Member

I am interested!

Message 31 of 100
Beta Member

I have been searching hi and low for this feature and now I see that you don't have it. I would like to take part in this. I need it as soon as possible as I run an embroidery store that sells School Shirts and this would be a huge help.

Message 32 of 100
Beta Member

yes please! count me in.

Message 33 of 100
Admin

@Reena 

You're in. Please make sure you've joined the Beta Community group in the opening post.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 34 of 100
Beta Member

Would love to be able to test this feature.  It's what we've all been waiting for 😊.

Message 35 of 100
Beta Member

I'm missing something... I don't understand how to set this up.
What Support materials?  
I don't understand what to do... Either I am missing something or my system won't do this? 
Help

Message 36 of 100
Admin

@Travelingbags We're enabling your account shortly, and then you'll want to follow the instructions in the Beta Community group. Click to link directly to the group in the post above or here: Square Online Group in the Beta Community.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 37 of 100
Beta Member

Thanks I am really interested in the Pre-Ordering function...

Message 38 of 100
Beta Member

Hi Kelly -

Just making sure I'm on the list to have my account enabled!

Thank you!

Message 39 of 100
Admin

Best Answer

If you have been accepted into the Beta Community and are looking for your support materials for this test, please take a look .

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 40 of 100
Beta Member

Me! Please include me, I’m interested in trying this out

Message 41 of 100
Beta Member

please include me thanks. I joined the group, how do I find the material? Do you need a fee plan to access the delivery calendar schedule testing?

Message 42 of 100