x
Admin

Now Recruiting: Create Preorders by testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing

You’ve asked for it - a way to create Pre-orders on your online store and manage pickup and delivery in a way that supports your business. 

Square Beta is now testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing. 

What

This new feature now allows you to accept orders without providing your customers a dedicated pickup or delivery time -- giving you control of how you fulfill online orders.

Current limitations in this test allow your entire item library to be sold without Fulfillment ETA. This means that in order to have specialized items for pre-order or without a set date, you will need to make a secondary location for your orders if you allow for pickup/delivery on scheduled or ASAP items as well.

We are working towards item level fulfillment options in the future.

If you would like to test the current functionality of Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing, we have few steps to enroll:

1. Reply to this thread that you are interested.
  2. Please take a second to join our Square Online Group in the Beta Community. Getting involved is as easy as requesting to join and singing the NDA embedded in your request to join.
  3. Use the support materials to set up your store for Fulfillment without ETA.
  4. Test and provide Feedback. Part of launching successful products for Square Online is making sure we have properly tested the feature and provided feedback for needed and wanted changes to the team. This includes bugs that you may find during the test.

Fine print:

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible to test this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.
  • Again, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific

Happy testing and see you in the Beta Community! 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 100
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

If you have been accepted into the Beta Community and are looking for your support materials for this test, please take a look .

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 100
Admin

Best Answer

Hey all! Actually this option is live in your account for all users now! @mrkbingham @hotboxfusionbbq @StarCider 

Get Started

To begin testing you’ll need to first adjust your pickup & delivery settings within Store Admin:

1. Click Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Click Edit location > Edit Order timing settings 
  3. Under Pickup & delivery times, toggle OFF the fulfillment methods you wish to restrict order fulfillment times
  4. Add a Short Message to let your customers know when they can expect to get orders with no dedicated fulfillment time
  5. Click Save 

Managing New Orders on Square Point of Sale

1. Head to the Orders tab in Square Point of Sale
  2. Select an order > Assign a pickup/delivery time
  3. Select Done > Customer is notified of assigned pickup/delivery time.  

Limitations

• Currently, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific and will affect all items within your item library. This means that in order to have specialized items available for pre-order, you will need to create a secondary location for those orders. After creating a new location, you can then designate your "pre-order items" to be available for that location only.

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.

Let us know if you have any questions.

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
Beta Member

I hope that I did not miss the cutoff!  I really would like to try preorders!

Thank you

Johnny

Message 43 of 100
Beta Member

We're interested.  Thanks!

Message 44 of 100
Beta Member

I need this please!

Message 45 of 100
Beta Member

Very interested, please include us!

Message 46 of 100
Beta Member

Please include us. We have been suffered while tracking everything manually. Thank you so much!

Message 47 of 100
Beta Member

Interested!

Message 48 of 100
Beta Member

I'm keen to beta test this! I've been having issues with scheduled deliveries and prep time, and would love to help and get advantage from helping test this,

Message 49 of 100
Beta Member

We are interested in trying this out, but I'm curious about how orders show up. If I have some items available on one day and others that are available another day and people order both items, on our side is the order split by when the items will be available? This would make fulfillment, organizing, processing, and printing items easier for us. Or is there an option to split the orders by availability date? So that when we print receipts and partially fill orders we can mark some parts complete and leave other parts until we can fill them?

Thanks 🙂

Message 50 of 100
Beta Member

Yes, I'd like to be included in the beta testing please. 

Message 51 of 100
Beta Member

I'd like to be removed from this please. 

Message 52 of 100
Beta Member

I'd like to be removed from the beta testing and this feed please.

Message 53 of 100
Beta Member

interested

Message 54 of 100

It will be interesting to see what this feature evolves into.

Message 55 of 100
Beta Member

Chilk is interested to test the preorders system. One of our pain point has been managing delivery dates. 

Message 56 of 100

Wondering on the status of the testing - looking to have a product coming in mid-August and opening up pre-orders at the end of this month for it - Would the beta test still be going on and could I sign up - or is the beta testing usually wrapped up quickly and will the pre order option be ready to use soon? 

Message 57 of 100
Beta Member

I am interested in Beta Testing this new functionality.

Message 58 of 100
Beta Member

Very interested thank you!

Message 59 of 100
Beta Member

Very interested in getting this set up. Super important to our business!

Message 60 of 100
Beta Member

Hey @kellyj ,

I have some new products launching but not ready to be sold - I'm definitely interested in this feature to be able to have these products on my website to showcase what is coming and collect some pre-orders that can be fulfilled at a later time. 

Message 61 of 100
Beta Member

How do I know if I have been accepted and can start testing?

Message 62 of 100
Admin

@peteragray27 You have been enabled. You should see the option - and please see our support board in this group for set up.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 63 of 100