x
Admin

Office Hours: Q&A with Adam about Square Online

Square Online.png

On Wednesday, June 9th at 10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT, we hosted a Q&A about all things Square Online with yours truly. Regardless of whether you were already using Square Online or not, this was a great chance to get your questions answered about the platform. 

You were welcome to ask about any part of Square Online, too: from building your website to managing fulfillment or even just setting up Online Checkout links in your Square Dashboard. I greatly appreciated reading and answering your questions!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you so much to everyone who asked questions! It’s really great to talk shop about Square Online - I hope we can do this again soon!

Some of the themes that came up during this event:

Feature Requests

We get a lot of amazing feedback and suggestions from you, and you’re looking to see more action with those and communication about them from us. This is something that we are working on, so expect updates to this. Stay tuned!

Order Management

You’re looking for ways to both control when customers can place orders to a greater degree, and how you manage these orders once you receive them. In specific, you want to let customers order right up to the time of closing even with prep times, and you need greater clarity about what each order is when you receive notifications of the order. Time-based categories and email filtering can help some, but there’s potential for us to make changes on our end to help support these.

Shipping

Printing multiple packing slips at a time will make managing higher volumes of orders easier for you, and you’re looking for more clarity on what box sizes are used when you have orders with multiple items that use different box sizes. While we don’t currently have any bulk actions for orders like we do with items, I can definitely understand how that would help with shipping. Hopefully we can add something like that! As for box sizes, I like the suggestion of a table and will see if I can come up with something I can add here to Seller Community.

Thank you again for your questions! Have a great day! 😎

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

How to print a list of Online Checkout transactions?

Anne

Message 22 of 31
Admin

Hello, @msdar! Thanks for your question. You can export orders for Square Online specifically in your Square Online overview page, or you can generate a report of transactions in the Reports page of your Square Dashboard.

Adam
Message 23 of 31
Beta Member

Will there be more development on the notification system? We run a multifaceted business via square and right now having all types of orders coming into our inbox isn't working. Along with the stream of regular, digital, shipped orders, all of the orders blend together because the subject line is very generic. 

I know we may be behind the times but we still use email as a central source of business communication and is the primary place where we take action. 

Message 24 of 31
Admin

Interesting question, @aaronlorenz. I don’t think it’s unusual at all to use email as a central source of communication. How do you handle these right now? Do you read each one to see which type it is, then move it to a folder specifically for that type of order?

Adam
Message 25 of 31
Beta Member

We only recently moved our website over to Square Online before we were using WordPress with a shopping cart plugin. So our in-store orders were always separate from our online orders and we never needed to really look at emails coming from Square. Now that everything is moved over to Square our entire workflow just stopped. 

Before when an order came to our email we knew it needed to be shipped and beyond that, we used the subject line to filter various orders with custom gmail tags/folders.

Now we're using Square Online we get order notifications for everything. I don't ever need email notifications for orders that are being taken care of at the physical location. That's 95% of orders.

The 5% of orders we do care about are our shipped items.

So. Even adding more information to the subject line for sellers would help easily differentiate between order types. I know there are many ways to tackle email notifications and I'm stuck on the subject line because that seems to be the easiest thing to change. I'd love to see more options for what types of email notifications along with only receiving emails for specific catagories. But revamping an entire notification system is a different ball game.

Message 26 of 31

Hi Adam, I am a very long time Square user but am just getting started with the new Square Online store. My question is this - when someone completes the form to sign up for my email newsletter - do those names get dumped into my customer directory or do they show up somewhere else and can I download them from whatever that location is?

Message 27 of 31
Admin

Thanks for the question, @Quiltblox

They should be in your Customer Directory so you can use them with Square Marketing. 

Adam
Message 28 of 31

hi!   I got notification that you updated the appointments for online and i was trying to work with it. but Im finding it difficult to navigate. I saw pictures used in the promotion but can not figure out how to get them to show on my own page. Also, My description in each service offered is still jumbled all together and hard to read. I was hoping that was part of the the new feature. Id love to be able to make my description more legible instead of one giant paragraph

Message 29 of 31
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you so much to everyone who asked questions! It’s really great to talk shop about Square Online - I hope we can do this again soon!

Some of the themes that came up during this event:

Feature Requests

We get a lot of amazing feedback and suggestions from you, and you’re looking to see more action with those and communication about them from us. This is something that we are working on, so expect updates to this. Stay tuned!

Order Management

You’re looking for ways to both control when customers can place orders to a greater degree, and how you manage these orders once you receive them. In specific, you want to let customers order right up to the time of closing even with prep times, and you need greater clarity about what each order is when you receive notifications of the order. Time-based categories and email filtering can help some, but there’s potential for us to make changes on our end to help support these.

Shipping

Printing multiple packing slips at a time will make managing higher volumes of orders easier for you, and you’re looking for more clarity on what box sizes are used when you have orders with multiple items that use different box sizes. While we don’t currently have any bulk actions for orders like we do with items, I can definitely understand how that would help with shipping. Hopefully we can add something like that! As for box sizes, I like the suggestion of a table and will see if I can come up with something I can add here to Seller Community.

Thank you again for your questions! Have a great day! 😎

Adam
Message 30 of 31

I am trying to edit my site but it comes up with 'updating apps' and is taking forever. How am I able to fix this problem?

Message 31 of 31