x
Beta Member

Order pickup time is completely wrong

I am thoroughly confused with how Square implemented the online store's pickup time and why it seems to completely ignore all of the in-restaurant orders when it comes to estimating that pickup time.

I have all of my store items set with a prep time.  I have my pickup settings set to allow 1 pickup every 15 minutes.  If I have 40 open food tickets on the line, when a customer orders from my online store for pickup, it tells them their food will be ready in 15 minutes (the prep time for a pizza).  That is SO WRONG!  It's completely ignoring the fact that I have 40 open tickets ahead of it for people dining in my restaurant.

This is causing a lot of problems for my business as customers arrive 15-20 minutes later to pick up their food when it's not going to be ready for a long time.  

This needs to get fixed right away.  It makes no sense that Square thinks I have a completely separate kitchen for handling pickup orders.  It also makes no sense that the online store doesn't communicate with Square for Restaurants to better estimate pickup times.

I have completely disabled Pickup Times for my online store until Square gets this properly implemented. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @snowpacktaproom,

We can definitely take a look at this for you. Do you mind handing over the link to your Square Online store so we can investigate that? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2