x

Pending Deactivation Notice from Square

Why would I be receiving a deactivation notice telling me that I violated Terms of Service Section 3 General Terms and Section 3 Payment Terms? I read those sections and nothing I have not found anything that I have violated. Furthermore, I run a physician office and I am licensed by both my state board and the DEA. I am not involved in anything related to cannabis because I am also a federal employee and would lose my job. So, I am completely baffled by this.

I called customer service and the representative I spoke with had absolutely no details and kept telling me to refer to Section 3 as was written in the email. I am scrambling trying to resolve this but it appears that no one at Square can help me. Why have I not received a courtesy call to let me know what this is about?

Has anyone encountered this situation? If so, what am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @harold77 👋

I'm sorry to hear about this frustration. 

After a comprehensive review of your account, Square has determined that we are no longer able to process payments for your business. You can appeal this decision. I  understand that it can be frustrating to have your account deactivated. 

However, due to security concerns and the obligations of Square's agreements with card networks and other financial institutions, we cannot provide additional details.

For more information about Square's policies on this matter, please review our General Terms of Service here: https://squ.re/TOS

Message 2 of 4

I have the same exactly issue, we are not doing anything different than what we have been for the past 4 years. The customer support is really of no help at all. How do you appeal?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Best, 
Sajan

Message 3 of 4

That comprehensive review did not include a discussion with me, the customer. I've reviewed your General Terms of Services with my staff. We continue to find no evidence of anything that we have done to violate your General Terms of Service. How could you conduct a comprehensive review that did not include the opportunity for me to discuss my business and the violation you are referring to? My business hasn't changed for years so what has happened? If I unknowingly violated the terms of services, wouldn't it be a courtesy to tell me what that is? I don't want to move on to another service and unintentionally violate their rules too. What is the big secret? As Sajan reply mentioned, how do I appeal this and speak to a human being who can explain the details?

Message 4 of 4