x

Professional Plan vs New Plus Plan

So I am being forced to upgrade to the Plus plan as the Professional plan that I currently have is no longer available.  I was paying $144/year for my Professional plan.  I have to pay $348/year for the Plus plan.  I can't tell from looking at charts....what am I getting for this extra money?  I can't seem to find a listing of what all the Professional Plan gives me to compare to the list of what the Plus plan gives me.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @StaciWied.  So since Square has eliminated the Professional Plan there is no such information on their website.  However, here is a link to a third party site that reviewed all of the 2023 plans, and it should include the information you are looking for.  I hope that helps you answer your questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 5

If you are not logged into your account, Professional is available to purchase currently, however as soon as you log in it is removed. This is horrible for small business owners struggling to stay in business and need their websites, especially with all the other price increases Square has just dumped on us. I will be filing a complaint with the NC Attorney General's office.Professional Plan AvailableProfessional Plan Available  
https://www.weebly.com/pricing?c=mkt_w_chnl:semb_geo:US_prtnr:ggl_camp:G-S-Brand-BMM-US_campid:14592...

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@mollyarnold We completely understand that this price change may affect your operations and overall business costs. This is not something we take lightly. We have never made a price increase with Square Online. But as we continue to build more advanced features, we need to make this update to continue investing in the product to continue helping sellers like you.

Additionally, the free tier is not going away, so if you’d like to still keep using Square Online to accept online orders, that will always be available to you at no monthly cost.

Message 4 of 5

For someone like me who does the basic website and online orders... i dont use 95% of the "features" that square deems needed for my business and making it a 150% price increase... been with square/weebly since 2000 but now im rethinking if i truly need this website and switch to another processing company..  SQUARE, HOPE YOUR READING THE COMMENTS .....THIS MOVE SUCKS FOR A SMALL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS..

Message 5 of 5