x

Selling weighted items on Square Online

We are a cheese shop and sell most of our items by weight. (fractions of a pound). As we are setting up a Square Online store, it appears that you can only sell full pounds (1 pound or 2 pounds, but nothing in between).

Feature request: It is imperative to be able to sell portions of a pound online! Even if they were in a few default sizes (1/4 lb, 1/2 lb etc) as most people do not purchase 1 lb of each cheese.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @milandrago and welcome to our Seller Community. 

This is, at the moment, a Feature Request for Online Stores. 

You could create invoices and send them to your customers via email for weighted items, as a workaround, 

We will be updating this thread if this feature is added in the future. 

Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

We are in the same boat as MILANDRAGO.  We also are a cheese shop and are trying to figure out workarounds for online ordering.  You mention using invoices but how does that get past the option for someone to order in a fraction?

Any insight into when this will be an option online?

Message 3 of 5

Has this been addressed? Almost 2 years since this request. Not having this feature is costing my store 10’s of thousands each month 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @SanitaryMarket

This is a highly requested feature. However, at this time, I don't have any updates on when or if this feature will be available. I will make sure to post here if there is any news from our team regarding weighted items on Square Online.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5