x
Beta Member

Setting up a temporary online ordering system with limited inventory

Hello,

I own a bakery that bakes a limited set of goods daily. We normally do not accept orders (either online or in-person), but I'd like to set-up both an in-person and online ordering system for one day only, Dec 24th. I have created the menu items for that day and defined an inventory for each. Is this sufficient to ensure that it will not be possible for customers to order more than what's in inventory?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @Mamie_Colette thanks for your post. If you have your inventory setup...do you also have your website designed with those inventory items? I best thing to do is go to your own website and see how it would look as a customer (before you advertise it), and you'll be able to see what choices your customer has to order. They shouldn't be able to order anything that you haven't already setup to order from your website.

If you have a specific number of items for each inventory, then make sure you have the quantity set for those items; when they are all sold it should list as SOLD OUT and not be able to be added to an order.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Mamie_Colette, what @HC_Charlie is advising is exactly correct, thanks again for your help! Also, If you set up items with limited, tracked stock, you will not be able to sell more than the allotted amount. Check out this article on managing stock https://squ.re/3ewLfVt, and once you are done with this event, you can unpublish the site and people will no longer be able to order. I hope this was somewhat helpful, if you need anything else let us know! 

Message 3 of 3