x

Square Online Shipping Questions

Hey again,

Square Online questions round 3...

Shipping 

-With shipping profiles, if I select "Rest of World" does it include all the countries besides the ones I have checked (usually just US and Canada) or do I have to manually add each country in the list if I want it to be included in that particular shipping profile?

-Will expedited and overnight shipping only pop up at checkout if I create them as shipping profiles?

-I have an item that can only ship within the US. I entered a UK shipping address to test it out and the order actually went through. Any way to set up a red flag in Square to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

-Meg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @StorypillarMeg

Welcome back!

1. Shipping Profiles:

• If you select "Rest of World" in shipping profiles, it typically includes all countries except the ones you have specifically checked. You usually don't need to manually add each country; they are automatically included unless excluded.
  2. Expedited and Overnight Shipping:

• Yes, if you want expedited and overnight shipping options to appear at checkout, you need to create them as shipping profiles. These options will then be presented to customers during the checkout process. While we are not seeing an expedite option, you may want to try "Real Time Shipping Rates". Please let us know if this worked. 
  3. Preventing Orders to Certain Countries:

• To prevent orders from specific countries, please create a Custom Profile to; Charge a custom rate or create a destination restriction for certain items.

We hope this helped. If you have any other question or concerns, please let us know. We are here to assist you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks, Sayra! That does indeed help. A few remaining questions regarding the US shipping only item...
If I create a separate shipping profile for the item (a puzzle) that can only ship within the US, will it remove it from the general US shipping profile that I have already created? Or will it trigger an additional charge? For example, if someone purchases a puzzle (US shipping only) and 2 t-shirts (can ship anywhere), will they be charged $6 for puzzle shipping (or whatever I set it as) in addition to the $6 I have set for US only shipping?  Is there any way to put a flag on the item's settings rather than the shipping settings?

Thanks again for your help,

Meg

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back @StorypillarMeg

If you create a separate shipping profile for the US-only item (the puzzle), it shouldn’t remove it from the general US shipping profile. Each item will use its designated shipping profile, and charges will be applied accordingly. In your example, if someone purchases a puzzle and two t-shirts, they will be charged the puzzle's specified US shipping fee in addition to the general US shipping fee for the t-shirts.

Unfortunately, there isn't a direct way to put a flag on the item's settings to override shipping profiles. 

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. We are always happy to help. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks, Sayra!

That's super helpful, yet again.

-Meg

Message 5 of 5