x

Square Online order not updating stock counts

I am relatively new to Square Online. I just took an order for three items, and I've marked them as shipped. I have stock tracking turned on for all three items. However, the item counts have not changed in Square. I only had one left of each item and they all still show as being in stock with quantity = 1.

This has happened to me before, and I ended up manually adjusting the counts to avoid getting orders for items not in stock. How do I make this automatic? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, to clarify 3 items were purchased and shipped.  You only have 1 of each left.  With tracking stock on, it would show Stock 1, which is correct.  Can you share a screenshot? or Link? for the error or confusion you are experiencing?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

I sold three separate items.

Before the sale, there was 1 in stock for each item.

I shipped them out. I now have 0 left of each item.

After the sale, stock should be showing as 0. However, it still shows as 1.

See screenshots and a selected product example.

Order.pngSquare Online Item.pngStock tracking on.png

Message 3 of 5

HI, Thanks for the screenshots.  There have been several Square Discussions regarding having inventory available by Shipping AND Pickup/Delivery.  When the item is purchased for Shipping the inventory tracking still recognizes an item available for Pickup/Delivery. 

You can report again here

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to find those threads. 

So frustrating!

Message 5 of 5