x

Transfer domain away from Weebly/Square?

How do we transfer our domain away from Weebly? I saw some old threads about this topic but it tells the user to go to a domain link in the top left of the dashboard that no longer exists. Thanks.  

Message 1 of 25
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Transfer domain away from Weebly

Hey @provisionsxsb-

When you log into your account in the Dashboard, and select the Online Store icon, you should see a link on the top left for "Domains".

Click on that and you should see your domain listed. Click on the "..." button to the right of your domain and choose "Manage". You should see a link on the top right of the page that loads which you can use to unlock the domain and get the EPP code.

Does that help? Let me know! 💡

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @QLaupua

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. I think my previous instructions refer to transferring your domain away from Weebly specifically, and not Square Online. I'm assuming you're looking to transfer your domain away from Square, is that correct?

If so, here are the instructions to transfer your domain to another host outside of Square:

1. Go to the Domain area of your Square Online Overview page.

2. Select the domain you want to work with.

3. Unlock your domain for transfer and generate your Auth Code (also known as an EPP Code, or Transfer Code) by selecting Disable under Registrar Lock.

4. Copy and use the Auth Code as needed to start the transfer process with the new host. The rest of the transfer process will take place with your newly chosen registrar, so please refer to them for further instructions.

You are also welcome to simply update your domain's nameservers to provide a new host with full DNS control. Changing your nameservers can sometimes involve less hassle than transferring it.

Note: Making any changes to your registrant contact information (email, phone number, first/last name, address) will result in a 60 day registrar lock, during which you will be unable to transfer your domain. If you wish to transfer the domain completely now, please do not update your registrant information.

I've pulled these instructions from this Support Center article. Please take a look there if you have any additional questions.

If I've totally misunderstood you and your question is actually about transferring your domain away from Weebly, please reply back in this thread. Thank you! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BarNbistro 👋 Thanks for posting!

Domain transfers can take 7-10 days to complete. There isn't a way to speed this up, unfortunately. How long ago did you initiate the transfer? 

Message 22 of 25

I am trying to use a domain I purchased thru Square for my shopify store I have built. Do I use the generic CNAME shops.myspotify.com, or if I already have a specific one (mine is sick-dye.myshopify.com) do I use that?

Message 23 of 25

Anyone who has actually managed to successfully transfer their domain to another provider please help! I am trying to transfer my domain to Wix. I followed all the steps but unfortunately nothing is working. I think the domain needs to be "unlocked" but when I click on that button it doesn't send me a code nor does it stay in the unlocked state. Please help...

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @aspaceforliving,

We can take a look at this for you! Can you please provide the link to your website so we can take a closer look? 

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 25