x

Unable to add file for digital products

Hello,

For some reason, I'm unable to add a file for my digital products. I tried making a second website to see if my first one was broken somehow, but I still get the same issue. My site is currently unpublished. I have payment set up, shipping details and policies have been updated, and I've tried changing the product type and changing it back to a digital product but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, fulfillment of digital item orders must be done manually.  Also, if you have physical items and digital items within your store, they are handled separately.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6876-add-a-digital-item-to-square-online-store

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

Thank you! The lady that supposedly helped me yesterday did not mention this at all.

Message 3 of 4
Partner

Hi TINNYORBIT,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding files for your digital products on Square Online. It can definitely be frustrating when things aren't working as expected. While Square has some limitations when it comes to digital fulfillment, there are solutions that can make your life much easier.

I wanted to let you know about SendOwl, a platform that integrates directly with Square Online to automate the delivery of digital products.  With SendOwl, you can simply upload your files (like ebooks, music, software, videos, etc.) and the system will securely deliver them to customers immediately after purchase - no manual sending required. 

The process is straightforward:

1. Install the SendOwl app in your Square Online store
  2. Upload your digital files in various formats (PDF, MP3, video, etc.) or provide a URL if you're hosting them externally  
  3. Link the uploaded files to your product listings in Square Online 

Once set up, SendOwl will automatically email customers a secure link to access their purchased files as soon as they complete their order through Square.  You can even set download limits and expiration dates for added security. 

So instead of dealing with the headache of manually fulfilling each digital order, SendOwl can handle it all for you in the background. This gives you more time to focus on creating awesome digital products and growing your business.

Plus, SendOwl offers a ton of other helpful features like abandoned cart recovery, built-in payment processing, flexible checkouts, and more.  

If you're serious about selling digital products online, I highly recommend checking out SendOwl's integration with Square Online. It could be a game-changer for streamlining your fulfillment process.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to help however I can.

Best,
Matt
[shameless plug as I work for SendOwl, but I hope we can help!]

Message 4 of 4