x

Update? Variations menu missing, Options & pricings menu not helpful, Constant freezing/glitching.

"Variation" menu present on some stock items but unobtainable on others, I use the variation menu frequently, especially manually customizing which variation is shown first based on quantity. the only option I have now for variations is in the "Options & Pricing" menu which does not allow customizations per piece for what color is shown first.

Item Fullfillment tab in "add new item" stuck open now even though I do not offer other services beyond shipping.

Constant Freezing, Glitching, & Needing to refresh is making adding my inventory unbearable. I cannot import from library due to glitching now so every item must be added by hand. Problem is, even when adding each item by hand the entire "site items" section including inside the "Create New Item" is constantly freezing. Adding 1 item is going from taking a 1-2 minutes to taking over 5 minutes sometimes due to constant freezing, errors, glitches, needing refreshing that makes me start the entry over again and now due to the variation problem I must end my work for tonight because I cannot add the stock variations.

If this continues I'm going to have to move my business to Shopify.
I Need this menu backI Need this menu backThis option isn't a good substitutionThis option isn't a good substitutionMoving these affects ALL stock items so customers will come on to see colors that are sold out.Moving these affects ALL stock items so customers will come on to see colors that are sold out.Didn't used to show me all the options that I do not offer through the fullfillment tab in Square Online, but now it's in the way most of the time.Didn't used to show me all the options that I do not offer through the fullfillment tab in Square Online, but now it's in the way most of the time.Constant Freezing & refreshing needed just to add inventory. Import from library is not working anymore so I must enter each item by hand but each item takes oever 5 minutes due to glitching and freezingConstant Freezing & refreshing needed just to add inventory. Import from library is not working anymore so I must enter each item by hand but each item takes oever 5 minutes due to glitching and freezing

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

HI, within the Color Variations you need to deselect the colors that do not apply to that item.  You can alphabetize the list so the colors appear correctly on your item.

Alphabetize your colors

Online Dashboard, Items, Options, far right click 3 dots, select Edit from drop down menu, click the vertical dots (your cursor will change to a hand) to drag your colors to alphabetize

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 7.14.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 7.14.24 AM.png

Square does have a known sync issue.  If attempting to add or edit inventory during the busiest time of the day there will be a lag.  Companies with larger inventory will do uploads in the evening and will again create the sync issue.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6

My problem with the using the new variations settings in the options menu isn't sorting alphabetically or the (de)selection of colors.

The problem is you cannot customize which item appears 1st under each item in the stock leaving my "Sold Out" or "Low Stock" variations to appear first. Originally with separate the "Variations" menu that still appears with some of my stock I can sort each stock items variations manually for the most stock available stock variation appearing 1st. Also when I use the Options Variation stock menu Square freezes and deletes my variations & their stock amounts then sometimes will revert back to the previous Variations menu it had previously. If it does not revert I do the options method and 8/10 times it will freeze again deleting my variations again.

Differences between the original "Add Variations" menu & the new "Options Variation" menu:

Ex: If I had a Necklace that was available in the colors Black (9 in stock), White (2 in stock), & Red (4 in stock), then had a pair of earrings with the Variation Black (2 in stock), White (8 in stock), & Red (5 in stock)...

Previously I could add my variations then for the necklace I could order them appearing as Black, Red, White in order of most to least.

Then for the Earrings I could order them appearing as White, Red, Black in order from most to least.

NOW with the Options variations I am unable to do this so I can only have them appear in the order the list was made (ex: Black, Red, White) so one of my items will show the lowest stock item first & when it sells out it will deter customers from ordering it in another color because the sold out color was listed 1st.

(I do not typically have the ability to reorder sold out variations but must keep the data & SKU for them on hand for records. Occasionally someone in our company will win the ability to bring back a previously sold out item with thousands of pieces it isn't likely most of my sold out items will be restocked.)

Message 3 of 6

@AdamB HI, I can confirm if one of the variations available is Out of Stock the listing will display as Out of Stock.  But, when you do a selection (of a variation that is in stock) the listing will display correctly (as available).   Please submit for review to proper department.

ex. Large Brown and Large Heather Grey are Out of Stock, other colors In Stock

https://www.hangerhues.com/product/cape-tunic-top-and-leggings-two-piece-set/183?cp=true&sa=true&sbp...

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hi @Goldneye . Are you tracking stock on all variations, or only on those that are out of stock? I checked the item above and see you have two sold out variations, but the others don't seem be tracking stock. I was testing on my own site and did not replicate, however I had set stock for all variations.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 5 of 6

@AdamB HI, since the start of my site, I only tracked stock when an item was Out of Stock.  All other variations were not tracked.  I have 10 listings displaying Out of Stock when there IS stock available for variations.  This failure to show listing correctly is something new.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 6