x
Beta Member

Customer unable to enter shipping address during checkout. "Shipping method missing" ERROR

I have a Square Online customer telling me that when she tries to enter her address during checkout it enters and then disappears and keeps displaying "Shipping method missing".  I've confirmed that both her phone number and address are good.  It is all US address and phone number info.  She even sent a phone video of the behavior real-time on her laptop.  I've never seen this before and wondering if other customers have just given up and not reached out or if this is an isolated incident/bug.  Anyone seen this or have any info?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I reviewed the video further and see that after entering her shipping address the options for Shipping Method never appear.  My site has a default of USPS First Class with an option for USPS Priority and those options never appear in the video she sent.  That explains why the message "Shipping method missing", but there is definitely some foul behavior that is not allowing the customer to choose the shipping method during checkout.

Message 2 of 5

This is happening to some of my customers as well, which is annoying because we just had press coverage driving users to our site for international women's day. The customer said she tried multiple times, refreshed the site, etc. She entered her address and got a "Shipping address missing" error message when she tried to check out. Hoping someone can clarify how to guide customers to resolution for this issue.

Message 3 of 5

I reached out to Square. This is a known bug - they did not tell me how long it has been going on or when it would be fixed. The bug tracking ID is BUGS-9439.

Message 4 of 5

I'm also having this problem. Which I hope they can fix because I pay for their marketing every month, but have been unable to get sales because of this.

Message 5 of 5