x
Beta Member

When a customer adds SHIP TO name, it is updating the Sender's name as well

During checkout, if the user updates the ship to name, the user's name tied to their customer account is being updated as well.  The end result is that if I am sending a package to someone else, my Square Customer Account is being updated with their name.  

If as the user, I want to update my name tied to my account, I can do that at the top of the checkout screen.

This issue creates confusion for our customers and a lack of confidence in our system.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I called Square support and they said this is how the system is supposed to work but saw my point so supposedly opened a modification request ( I have not gotten confirmation that they opened a request).

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @MarkDCY! Summer here 😀 Can I get some clarification on what you're asking?

Is this when someone is choosing to send a gift for someone else?

Any extra information is appreciated 😊 

Please send me the URL, so I can take a look at this issue as well. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hello, first, thank you for responding!

I have included some screen shots to explain what is happening.  It does not matter if the item being purchased is marked as a gift.  In this case, I did mark the item as a gift.

First screen shot shows the checkout screen with no modifications.

Screen1.png

The second screen shot shows what happens when I modify the first name of the recipient in the ship to address section.  Note that the first name in the contact area is updated automatically as well.  If I proceed to process the order, I can go into Square Customers and search for this customer and the first name will also be updated, overlaying the real customer's name with that of the recipient.  This happens whether or not the item in the cart is marked as a gift.

Screen2.png

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for the clarification @MarkDCY.

In this case, I recommend posting this in our Ideate Board for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi JJ, 

I’m not sure I understand why this would not be treated as a bug?  Having the ship to information updating the customer name is what was intended?  

Does it function this way across all web sites or just ours?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Just like support did, I can see your point here @MarkDCY. However, this is the behavior at this time for all Square Online Sites.  

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6