x
Beta Member

When will Venmo integration be available?

When will Venmo be available for my online store.  It is part of Paypal and I can accept paypal payments.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I would also like to know if there are plans to add Venmo to the online store portion of Square. I have more and more people asking for Venmo as an option.

Message 2 of 4

Same here! We currently mark Venmo payments as cash, but lots of other POS systems have already implemented accepting Venmo as a payment option - Clover, Lightspeed, etc. 

It's enough of a need that I'm actually considering switching from Square to Clover to make my life easier in the long run. 

But, if Square could comment and let us know when accepting Venmo payments would be an option (for me it's a brick and mortar store), then that would be extremely helpful. Otherwise I'll just have to switch over. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Yosepey 

I recommend collecting Venmo payments and settling your sale using "Other Payment Types".  You can add an optional note if you select  “Other Payment Types” instead of Cash. This way you can notate when it was a Venmo payment and add any needed references. Keep in mind that you will still have to manually transfer your Venmo balance to your bank account from your Venmo app.

Our team is not actively working on or considering Venmo integration but we are always assessing priorities based on seller feedback.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4