x
Beta Member

how can I set up a data feed from my wholesaler to feed into the item catalog via API? what stack

I am trying to find the absolute least expensive option.. I am thinking I may be able to do everything I want in Excel somehow.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Heya @HappyBookday 👋

We have a few different integrations to sync item stock and inventory you can find in our App Marketplace here. While I don't have experience using this API, hopefully some other sellers in the community can chime in with their suggestions and experience! 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with questions, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

While I don't have experience feeding catalogs into Square I've used imports in the past and always find the way I catalogue/describe items varies drastically from the way the wholesalers do.

Are you a retailer? Are you going to be using their entire catalogue and how many items is it? The only reason I ask is often it's easier/less painful to set up each item yourself so that you can properly categorize, name, and price the products. If you're not carrying their entire line it will also save you the time of deleting items you don't have or will ever have.

I've tried syncing Faire and Square and realized that sometimes the PLU's are nonexistent or the quality is something I won't carry again. Quickly realized it's better for me to just manually enter new products.

Best of luck, just something to think about because often the wholesalers catalog's won't use plain english which for me is important when looking at my item library/receipts for the customers.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3